ASUS Strix 1080 Artifacting

DocSavage

2[H]4U
So my 3 month old ASUS Strix 1080 that I have never overclocked occasionally artifacts. Most of the time it's fine, but when it does artifact, it's bad as there's snow covering half the screen.

I got this card at Microcenter and got a protection plan. I went in the other day hoping to just swap the card, but they want to take my card for 7 to 10 days and have ASUS? repair it.

Would you guys trust Microcenter to fix it? Should I just live with the occasional snow/artifacting? This makes me wish I got an EVGA instead.

Here's what I'm talking about:

artifacting.jpg

Mine does that sometimes, but usually in 2D mode (usually when visiting a website like Youtube in Google Chrome). I don't think I've ever seen it do that in 3D mode. And it's not persistant, when it happens I just refresh the page or close and re-open the app and it's fine again.

I've always just figured it was a driver quirk, and in fact now that I think about it I don't recall it happening in the last two driver releases.

If yours is doing this in 3D mode and it's persistent I would definitely either RMA it or do the exchange with Micro-center. How long have you had the card?

That's unacceptable, I definitely couldn't live with that. I'm guessing Microcenter won't help as it's been 3 months. You're probably stuck doing an RMA.

Mine does that sometimes, but usually in 2D mode (usually when visiting a website like Youtube in Google Chrome). I don't think I've ever seen it do that in 3D mode. And it's not persistant, when it happens I just refresh the page or close and re-open the app and it's fine again.

I've always just figured it was a driver quirk, and in fact now that I think about it I don't recall it happening in the last two driver releases.

If yours is doing this in 3D mode and it's persistent I would definitely either RMA it or do the exchange with Micro-center. How long have you had the card?

You''re issue is hw accelleration but the OP's is something else completely. Before you rma, check to see what memory type you have. All the AIB's have released a bios update due to the memory issue. You might want to check on that before going thru with the worst RMA service Asus.

Back