Asus Striker Extreme Issue

yea this one turned out to be my fault not the board... It wasn't starting because i mounted it into the case at first. Once I got the standoffs in it fired up like a champ. Thanks for everyones help!

yea this one turned out to be my fault not the board... It wasn't starting because i mounted it into the case at first. Once I got the standoffs in it fired up like a champ. Thanks for everyones help!

Good to hear. Live and learn I guess. :cool:

they should really mention it on mobo boxes

Mention what? That standoffs need to be used?

Yeah definately.. I was in a bit of a rush when I put it together. I am also one of those people that never read manuals..

If you have never built a computer before that's very unwise.

it should be a sticker on the mobo or something :)

Why? So people can ignore that too? The fact is that the use of standoffs is dictated by the case that's being used, not the motherboard. Not all cases even have standoffs. Some of them have raised points on the motherboard tray instead. Some cases come with standoffs preinstalled and others don't. It all depends on your case, the case manual is the one that needs to be read.

i just ordered a striker extreme, and after it shipped i read this thread! DOH! i might consider just returning it immediately and checking out the motherboard in DAN_D's sig.. :cool:

I hope everything goes ok with your situation man! ;)

The board is a crap shoot. When it shows up ask around and try to make it work.

Unlike most people mine works with 4gb of dominator ram with the stated timings. I'm not shooting for a really high OC either.

While the evga board is better, and by a good margin, if it works for you there isn't any reason to return it.

You're also lucky in that you bought it late into the game, you'll get the better bios, and good advice from all the people that went through hell making it work.

Back