ASUS Sabretooth x58 hits newegg

I just bought the MB this morning. After my Gene lll Died on me. That board was the suck! Ran way to hot. Anyways It should be here Wed, I'll take some pics and see how it works. I'll update this thread as soon as I can.

I just bought the MB this morning. After my Gene lll Died on me. That board was the suck! Ran way to hot. Anyways It should be here Wed, I'll take some pics and see how it works. I'll update this thread as soon as I can.

nice, thinking of moving from my EVGA E758 to this mobo. update us as soon as you get a chance.

hehe, at least you shouldn't have any of the cooling problems that the gene had, let us know how it does!

Liquid_Cooled said:
camo themed mobo. would match Noctua fans.

or the stock fans on the thermalright silver arrow (did I say that earlier, or was that another board?).

It's a budget board. It's probably a bit better than buying an Asrock MB, which isn't saying much. I'd get either a higher quality Asus board, or go for a Gigabyte.

Im seriously thinking about getting this mobo. I will only run 1 gpu and probably the only game I will play is GTA 4.

It's a budget board. It's probably a bit better than buying an Asrock MB, which isn't saying much. I'd get either a higher quality Asus board, or go for a Gigabyte.

Yea Right! Had a so called Higher Quality board from Asus and it sucked.:mad: I wouldn't call this a cheap MB by any means. Anyways When it comes in I'll let you guys know and post pics and Ocing adventures.....

Sidenote, I had the P6T when it first came out and IT was considered a budget board. It was by far one of the best boards Ive ever had.

Last edited:
I'd never buy another EVGA board after the several 680is and 708is I went through. Most unreliable pieces of hardware I've ever owned.

I'd never buy another EVGA board after the several 680is and 708is I went through. Most unreliable pieces of hardware I've ever owned.

Nothing to do with the fact that 680i and 780i chipsets in general are riddled with problems

i guess i dont have to mention this since it is common knowledge but asus and xfx and msi and gigabyte and abit and bfg and dfi 680i and 780i boards had the same problems, and considering that evga neither designed or built the boards but merely packaged them, and that the boards for sale now are designed and built by different folks.............

Nothing to do with the fact that 680i and 780i chipsets in general are riddled with problems

Now their X58s seem to have a recurring "missing RAM" issue. I think EVGA just has poor quality control, at least with regard to their motherboards. Fairly sure they're Foxconn built, and that isn't exactly my favorite OEM, for just that reason.

I'm not so sure that can be all-inclusive.

I have a 680i board that has been perfect, using it right now. Never was very good at OC my Q6600 though.

I also had an X58-SLi, fine board. Traded it in for a Classified when they first came out.....never a problem, still use it daily and it's a very good OCer.

Just bought a P55 FTW 200, very nice board as well.....not a problem.

I would not hesitiate to recommend EVGA motherboards.

With the small price difference between this and the P6X58D-E I think that the -E would be the better board.

I actually like how it looks. Was a fan of the original i55 Sabertooth since it's a nice departure from the overwhelming and overdone blue and black or red and black boards. The neutral tones are nice. The thing looks packed with great features for a great price too.

My MB will be delivered today after work. Sweet... Cant wait.. I'll post pics.

So i got the MB last night took some pics. I can post them but Im having a big issue with my PSU I think? So I dont have it running right now. Going to do some more trouble shooting when i get home tonight. if I can get it running i'll start to test.

So i got the MB last night took some pics. I can post them but Im having a big issue with my PSU I think? So I dont have it running right now. Going to do some more trouble shooting when i get home tonight. if I can get it running i'll start to test.

What's the problem?

Looking forward to see sum numbers! thanks man!

Well Guys I had installed the Asus AI from my Gene 3 and I guess it had some setting that was killing my OS. It would hard shut down 60 seconds into windows. So after many many many cuss words and hrs later I reinstalled and its working great now.

Let me know what you want to see from the MB and I'll try and get SS for you. I havnt done any Overclocking just yet, just getting all my apps installed. I have 3dmark, Everest, Cinbench and so on...

Here are some pics

IMG_7068.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

IMG_7070.jpg

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7073.jpg

IMG_7074.jpg

Very nice, Looks like a Halo edition mobo... much like my xbox 360 : P

haha, they probably could have marketed it as a halo edition board. I'm still kinda scratchin' my head why they put these better heatsinks on their more budget and normal boards then go with lower performing ones for their rog line... lol

haha, they probably could have marketed it as a halo edition board. I'm still kinda scratchin' my head why they put these better heatsinks on their more budget and normal boards then go with lower performing ones for their rog line... lol

probably because they are more decoration for the theme then actual better cooling performance vs the RoG cooling..

So here are some readings at idle and first run in 3Dmark vantage P33411

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type Winbond W83667HG (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type Analog Devices ADT7473 (NV-I2C 2Eh)
Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes

Temperatures:
Motherboard 40 °C (104 °F)
CPU 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 49 °C (120 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 43 °C (109 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #3 50 °C (122 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #4 47 °C (117 °F)
Aux 65 °C (149 °F)
GPU1: GPU 58 °C (136 °F)
GPU1: GPU Ambient 59 °C (138 °F)
GPU2: GPU 66 °C (151 °F)
GPU2: GPU Memory 50 °C (122 °F)
GPU2: GPU Ambient 59 °C (138 °F)
GPU3: GPU 50 °C (122 °F)
GPU3: GPU Ambient 46 °C (115 °F)
GPU4: GPU 50 °C (122 °F)
GPU4: GPU Memory 42 °C (108 °F)
GPU4: GPU Ambient 46 °C (115 °F)
SAMSUNG HD154UI 25 °C (77 °F)
Seagate ST3500630AS 39 °C (102 °F)
Seagate ST3750640AS 40 °C (104 °F)
WDC SSC-D0064SC-2100 40 °C (104 °F)

Cooling Fans:
System 2192 RPM
GPU1 0%
GPU2 2369 RPM (58%)
GPU3 0%
GPU4 1621 RPM (40%)

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.34 V
Aux 3.41 V
+3.3 V 3.20 V
+5 V 5.32 V
+12 V 12.89 V
-5 V -5.05 V
+5 V Standby 5.09 V
GPU2: GPU Vcc 3.14 V
GPU4: GPU Vcc 3.15 V

Current Values:
CPU 19.75 A

Power Values:
CPU 27.59 W
Debug Info F FF FF FF / 4D FF
Debug Info T 40 38 65 / 00
Debug Info V A8 D5 C8 C6 D4 FF 35 (03)
Debug Info I C1 A513

NB and VREG temps, please! Or is "Aux" one of them? Man, I sure hope not!

NB and VREG temps, please! Or is "Aux" one of them? Man, I sure hope not!

CPUTIN is CPU socket temp
SYSTIN is NB temp
AUXTIN never changes

Hardware monitor Winbond W83627DHG
Voltage 0 1.34 Volts [0xA8] (CPU VCORE)
Voltage 1 1.70 Volts [0xD5] (VIN1)
Voltage 2 3.22 Volts [0xC9] (+3.3V)
Voltage 3 4.78 Volts [0xC7] (+5V)
Voltage 4 11.82 Volts [0xD4] (+12V)
Voltage 6 0.26 Volts [0x20] (VIN6)
Temperature 0 40°C (120°F) [0x31] (SYSTIN)
Temperature 1 38°C (99°F) [0x4B] (CPUTIN)
Temperature 2 86°C (186°F) [0xAC] (AUXTIN)
Fan 3 2192 RPM [0x4D] (CPUFANIN1)

So far Im Really liking this MB. I haven't had one freeze, BSOD, one hick up. No issues at all. Only thing I regret is getting that Gene lll before this! Anyways I only have it overclocked to 3.6 right now, as soon as I get all my water cooling figured out I'll go higher. But it stays cool and whats even better it has that nice 5 yr warranty which was a nice little surprise.

Edit tipple monitor gaming is supported by 2 GTX295's Plays well too:D

Last edited:
There is one bad thing about the motherboard...

It wasn't on sale a year ago when I built my rig :p.

How does the Sabertooth compare to the Asus P6X58D-E and the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R ?

The more I look at it the less ugly it seems. Maybe I'll save some cash and get this instead of a RIII Formula

I'm definitely looking for official, full fledged reviews. Unboxing isn't enough, Newegg does that for me :p

Back