ASUS RTX 2080 Ti & 2080 on Amazon

There are no reviews or even performance estimates and people are buying them? I'm concerned for my fellow man.
Even more so when you can get the 1080ti in the forsale forum at around 500 shipped. The performance better be mind blowing.

When you look at the core count v clock speed for the 20x0 v 10x0 these cards look like 10-30% bumps + the new RTX stuff.

I think I'll wait for the 30x0 gen cards with actual games in the wild I'm trying to run.

When you look at the core count v clock speed for the 20x0 v 10x0 these cards look like 10-30% bumps + the new RTX stuff.

I think I'll wait for the 30x0 gen cards with actual games in the wild I'm trying to run.
The 3080 and 3080 ti will be $1000 and $1500 respectfully.

The 3080 and 3080 ti will be $1000 and $1500 respectfully.

Sure but they'll be faster than my 1080ti by a really significant as opposed to this little bump in raster performance the 20x0 cards have. There will also be actual ray tracing games to play. I don't think this first round of games is enough content to really push me to spend money on these cards.

Wow - prices are higher than expected. I'm going to have to wait until a few killer titles come out. By the time I start putting my Spring 2019 rig together, hoping the prices have come down a bit.

Surprised not to see a 3 fan OC Strix TI at first.

Be really glad when some credible reviews start coming out. Can't help but wonder all the variations NV will do this round and what will be around first or second quarter 2019.

In the UK the preorder pricing is 2080Ti - £1099($1410), 2080 - £749($961) and 2070 £569($730).

There are no reviews or even performance estimates and people are buying them? I'm concerned for my fellow man.

Not sure why surprising

1) Nvidia has been consistently delivering predictable perf gains on every new gen. The prices telegraph where Nvidia knows the cards will land on the benchmark charts.

2) Returns are a thing if needed

3) Flippers are out in full force.

Last edited:
On Newegg, $750 for the cheapest 2080 and $1150 for the cheapest 2080 Ti.....they can go fuck themselves.

We're the frogs and they're the pot of water, and they're ever so slowly cranking up the heat with each generation of cards. I say fuck that, I'm out. Eat a dick.

Meh. I'll wait until there's some benchmarks from Brent and Kyle. I am hopeful that the TI will be able to handle 4k 60fps, it's the only reason I didn't bother with a 1080ti, yes it's faster than my old 1080, but not fast enough to get me what I want.

Meh. I'll wait until there's some benchmarks from Brent and Kyle. I am hopeful that the TI will be able to handle 4k 60fps, it's the only reason I didn't bother with a 1080ti, yes it's faster than my old 1080, but not fast enough to get me what I want.
Already there with the Titan X. I'm hoping it will get me closer to 4K 98 FPS.

Back