ASUS RT-N56U Wireless Router $109.99 shipped at the Egg

HeavensCloud

Oswego, not shitty as Buffalo
Linky

I was looking for a new router to replace my aging Buffalo and came across this. This is the cheapest it's been minus 1 day in june according to Camel. The router gets great reviews, only cons are the questionable UI (They're working on this at DD-WRT) and it doesn't handle going through walls/ceilings the greatest.

"On sale" for $129.99, EMCKAHK58 takes $20 off immediately.

Not smoking hot but the best price I have seen since I put it on my wish lists when it first came out.

One wonders how that thing stays upright with 4-5 ethernet cables sticking out the side...

Anyway, looks like a good router. :cool:

Well my cable into my little Linksys modem holds it right off the desk in the air so who knows =)

One wonders how that thing stays upright with 4-5 ethernet cables sticking out the side...

Anyway, looks like a good router. :cool:

using all 4 on mine and I've never had a single problem with it being lopsided or tipping over.
this is a FANTASTIC router, I've owned mine for about 6 months and have recommended the N56U to clients as well as family, very robust feature set that blows D-Link, Linksys and Netgear offerings out of the water

I've had this router for a month and some change now and it works very well. I have not had a single issue with it where both my previous Cisco, and Buffalo routers would occasionally flake out and require a reset.

How does it compare to RT-N16?
I see it's dual band while the N16 isn't
Is that about the only difference?

Seems like same amount of memory (and I'd guess the same controller too)

EDIT: I guess this one isn't broadcom,

yeah, it looks like the 56U won't be ddwrt-tomato compatible

I'm happy with my RT-N16. no drops/resets after I set up the device. using tomato

yeah +1 for the no drop outs, my wndr3500 needed to be restarted about once a month and sometimes weekly was annoying the Rt-56 solved that issue

snagged one Saturnday. I did buy the wndr4500 and e4200 but decided to return them and not to be used as a test rat for 3 stream technology. I will for for hardware ver. 2 or 3 and will stick with 2 stream tech for now.

Back