ASUS RT-AC66U setup for use with Verizon 4G LTE

It will work for sure, IP passthough is the way to go if you want your ASUS to be in ''charge'' of your network. It will basically forwards everything to a specific port, and the web interface of the Cradlepoint will guide you to this in 2-3 steps. I never used 4G LTE as a main internet connection at my home or business because where I live, the carriers offers small data plans with not a lot of bandwidth or if they do, its 5x more expensive.

IE : 6 GB of data and a 8 Mbps is about 75$ a month.

So it is more of a backup solution in my case. Some business grade routers that I buy come with a USB port for a backup 3g-4g connection. I have configured specific QoS rules on the backup interface because I need it to conserve the bandwidth and only serve mission critical applications.

I guess it depends on your needs and plan you picked up, some data plans in urban zones are way cheaper and faster. Does it actually suit your needs ? What are you trying to achieve with the replacement of your unit ? More speed, more reliability, more manageability, more devices connected ? The Asus router is a great unit, for some people its overpriced, for others its just a consumer grade router.

A common problem that I see with constant usage of a "cheap" USB stick for 4G, is the heat building up.

Last edited:
I would check for interference, change the channels and update the firmware. Is the playstation receiving the signall at full strenght ?

Back