Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ Pricing is Insane!

I gave up months ago and got a CHG90, q-led, 144hz free-sync usable thanks to nvidia pulling their head out of their ass, 4:4:4 10 bit. The image to me looks more like a 1080p section cut out of a 4k television that two 1080p monitors side by side. AND NO DEAD PIXELS.

Practice has shown that FALD is a gimick because of the bloom issue. At least on the VAs it is. The closest thing to the best gaming monitor now is the LG 38GL950G, but no meaningful HDR. I don't know if I can stomach it after the amazing HDR gaming experience on my 55" LG OLED from 2017, but I really want a fast gaming 35"+ display with G-sync.

For the price of the PG35VQ we shouldn't be talking about any bloom issues...
I personally can't stand FALD. It looks like garbage on anything dark. The bloom is killer. OLED is the only way to get those nice blacks.

Any ETA on when this might actually be attainable?
We got an update from ASUS saying they were shipping middle of June. Actual availability in Asian territories happened around June 21. These are shipped by boat to North America, so it could take up to a month to get across the Pacific. In short, it should be soon. I would keep in eye on the ASUS forums if you're interested in grabbing one. The PG278Q was available in the US 3 weeks after an ASUS employee said they were shipping. Same for the PG27UQ.

Monitor will be $2,000 in a few months due to low sales.

Curious what the AOC version will be priced at. No rush to buy one, certainly.

My X35 has shipped and arrives tomorrow. Getting it almost a week of what was listed so pretty nice surprise. I'm looking forward to replacing my X34 with it.

Did you get it?

I did!. It's awesome so far. I'm typically running SDR 200hz with the FALD on and i'm not noticing any issues with it. 144HZ with HDR content looks crazy good. It's my first HDR display so I've never experience it until this and it's awesome to look at. I still need to calibrate it but overall I'm extremely happy with it.

Well that lasted a long time. My x35 already died. It stopped displaying any video from my computer. It still boots and displays the splash screen; it is also recognized by the computer. Soooo... this is great. Spent an hour troubleshooting and nothing.

Already filed an RMA so now I have to waste 2-3 weeks while it gets repaired.

Well that lasted a long time. My x35 already died. It stopped displaying any video from my computer. It still boots and displays the splash screen; it is also recognized by the computer. Soooo... this is great. Spent an hour troubleshooting and nothing.

Already filed an RMA so now I have to waste 2-3 weeks while it gets repaired.

Any update on this?

It would be nice if there were quick profles you could switch between depending on what you are doing, like on my tv.
I discovered that while the profiles work great for different brightness in SDR mode, each profile has a different hard-coded reference white point in HDR mode. The only usable profiles in HDR are Standard and User which have a reference white point of 80 nits.

The 2019 LG OLED sets have 6.6ms input lag, which is basically about the same as a 120 Hz G-Sync monitor. Quite astounding for a TV set. But you can only run it up to 2560x1440p at 120 Hz until we get HDMI 2.1 GPUs.

Have you ever posted a pic of your setup with the OLED?

I currently have the LG 27GL850. This is a very good monitor. I previously had a Samsung S34E790C Bought back in 2016. It’s a VA panel, blacks we’re dark, 60hz (vs 244hz w LG), viewing angels looked washed AF. The LG has the nano IPS and is overall fantastic in every way.....except I came from an ultrawide monitor. Sad to say, but even with all the bells and whistles It’s just not the same. PG35VQ here I come!

I currently have the LG 27GL850. This is a very good monitor. I previously had a Samsung S34E790C Bought back in 2016. It’s a VA panel, blacks we’re dark, 60hz (vs 244hz w LG), viewing angels looked washed AF. The LG has the nano IPS and is overall fantastic in every way.....except I came from an ultrawide monitor. Sad to say, but even with all the bells and whistles It’s just not the same. PG35VQ here I come!

How does the lower contrast looks like on the 27GL850? Do you watch movies in it, or play games in a dark room?

Back