ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" - Does it still have quality issues?

Mine wasn't purchased particularly recently, but the issues, as oft reported, are significantly exaggerated by many of those reporting them. They're so mild, in fact, I have literally never noticed them apart from when I specifically looked to verify my monitor shares these commonly reported "issues".

The IPS glow and light bleed, for example, are difficult to discern even on the [H]ardForum in full-screen mode. The mild light bleed exhibited by my monitor has, in no meaningful way, detracted from my user experience.

If I had to replace my monitor tomorrow, I would re-purchase the PG279Q. It's not perfect, but there's no perfect alternative that provides everything you get from this display (at least, not as far as I'm aware).

They have issues, amazon reviews and other sites are full of photos.
I was thinking about getting this exact model few months back, it costs more than 1000 usd from the only local retailer who sells it in my country.
but I changed my mind after they admitted that some people who bought it before me complained about it and that he won’t accept return unless it had “severe issues”. I don’t normally notice or care about mild issues but I can’t accept them from a monitor at this price.
if you’re buying it from a place that has a good return policy go ahead and do it.

Mine looks great, minimal BLB, which is present on any IPS panel. Gaming at 165Hz is life changing, a monitor like the PG279Q requires a similar investment in a GPU to make it worth while. Overall very happy with my purchase, owned mine no for about 1.5 months. I recommend turning the brightness down, out of the box I found it far to bright and when I did that the BLB became even less noticeable.

Back