Armenius

Extremely [H]
ASUS' 43" gaming monitor is coming out next month (May 2021) according to a press release issued today. The monitor support HDMI 2.1 and its features, including ALLM and HDMI Forum VRR. It also supports Freesync 2 Premium (no word on G-SYNC compatibility yet) and can do VRR with strobing using ELMB. The monitor has local dimming for HDR and supports VESA DisplayHDR 1000, but it is edgelit. 4K 144 Hz is supported over a single DisplayPort 1.4 connection using DSC if you have at least a NVIDIA RTX 20 series or AMD RX 5700 video card. No word yet on pricing.

https://rog.asus.com/us/monitors/above-34-inches/rog-strix-xg43uq-model/
https://www.asus.com/my/news/tgkl7wuk0niorx0m/

Hard to get excited about an edge lit monitor promising local dimming. At this size you're competing heavily with the LG OLEDs and this is going to be worse than that in everything except brightness and maybe longevity. But, this is likely to be more about as much more than the CX as a CX + Extended Warranty package would be, so really all this is going to have going for it is being slightly smaller and being brighter.

Whats the difference between this monitor and the PG43UQ?
The XG has HDMI 2.1 and Freesync Premium Pro while the PG has HDMI 2.0 and G-SYNC Compatible. The XG also supports DSC over DisplayPort while the PG does not.

Will this XG43UQ use the same panel as the XG438Q or similar?

Because I use to own the XG438Q and in my opinion I think it was atrocious! The response on it was slower than a 1 legged dog on tranquillisers. Black smearing galore it made me sick after a few hours of gaming.

Would the newer XG43UQ be anything like that?

Last edited:
Will this XG43UQ use the same panel as the XG438Q or similar?

Because I use to own the XG438Q and in my opinion I think it was atrocious! The response on it was slower than a 1 legged on tranquillisers. Black smearing galore it made me sick after a few hours of gaming.

Would the newer XG43UQ be anything like that?
Looks like it might be using an updated version of the same AUO AMVA panel. It's not out yet so we don't know what the specific model is at the moment.

Wonder if it is also the same panel as the FV43U version?

Was tempted to get a FV43U because I really want to downsize from the CX48, but too worried if the HDR game experience will be lower if I switch.

I really don't want to keep spending money cycling monitors lol been through like 4-5 high end monitors in the past 14 months.

Last edited:
Wonder if it is also the same panel as the FV43U version?

Was tempted to get a FV43U because I want to downsize from the CX48, but too worried if the HDR game experience will be lower if I switch.

I really don't want to keep spending money cycling monitors lol been through like 4-5 high end monitors in the past 14 months.
There is a poster in the FV43U thread who made direct comparisons with the 48 CX. I think they ended up sending the FV43U back and keeping the OLED.

There is a poster in the FV43U thread who made direct comparisons with the 48 CX. I think they ended up sending the FV43U back and keeping the OLED.
Yea i did read that guys post.

But that is only one opinion, would really like to see some more impressions and prefrably more full reviews on the fv43u by the likes of rtings or tftcentral if they do any.

Back