ASUS ROG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard Features

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

We are getting the ASUS ROG Strix X470-I Gaming motherboard on the test bench today and it constantly amazes me how many features ASUS can pack onto these motherboards. This new Ryzen X470 motherboard has a few interesting design elements that are somewhat new in the ITX footprint. Nifty stuff.

Check out the video.

2. LstOfTheBrunnenG

LstOfTheBrunnenG [H]ardness Supreme

You missed the M.2 on the back! Amazing how they fit so much into so little space.

Red Falcon likes this.
  3. Twisted Kidney

Twisted Kidney 2[H]4U

Looking forward to the review, I love SFF builds. I'm yearning to build a Ryzen SFF machine.

4. workshop35

workshop35 Limp Gawd

Man, i just decided not to upgrade my x99 itx to a 2700x and now you do this...

5. Kyle_Bennett

6. mord

mord Limp Gawd

huh, that's a new one on me. I haven't bought a new board in a long time though.

7. mord

mord Limp Gawd

hehe, seeing a big video card on an ITX still makes me chuckle. Glad to see you got the disco lights a going. ;)

8. Kyle_Bennett

You are correct sir, I forgot to mention that one.

dragonstongue likes this.
  9. Kyle_Bennett

upload_2018-6-13_19-16-45.png

TMCM and mord like this.
  10. Twisted Kidney

Twisted Kidney 2[H]4U

Must you take pictures of the Frag Harder Dipshit lights? My current build in an Evolv Shift alreadly looks Rainbow Bright is taking an eternal, writhing shit in it.

Corsair LED controls are really cool.

I'm waiting for a 32 core Threadripper on top of this shit. Reading your fucking site costs me money.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  11. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

will you also be testing this board with the ryzen 2400G?

12. noko

noko 2[H]4U

That board looks rather awesome. Hope it tests out well. Having an extra Ryzen CPU, DDR4 ram, Corsair 600w SFX power supply not doing anything seems wasteful.

{NG}Fidel likes this.
  13. dragonstongue

dragonstongue 2[H]4U

you could always send it to me, I could put it to a very good use ^.^ (cannot afford to buy a new Ryzen system at this point :(

14. MrDeaf

MrDeaf Limp Gawd

The features look great, but how do the drivers hold up?
    Particularly, the audio drivers seem to be hit or miss when Asus uses their custom audio solution.

15. pek

pek prairie dog

Careful, you'll draw the wrath of our resident rgb/disco apologist. But, I find myself keeping up on TR cpu's, mb's and cooling (really waiting for a good air rig, like from Noctua, now. looks like AMD may be in my future again after a lot of years.

16. Twisted Kidney

Twisted Kidney 2[H]4U

The self loathing I feel every time the blue visor goes across the red, temperature sensitive, ambient light is more harm than any apologist could ever do.

I die inside every time I spend hours fucking with the stupid LEDs in my machine.

I actually did die four or five times putting a Commander Pro, A lighting Node Pro, and fan LED controller, and a big, fat H80i in an Evolv Shift. I got better though...

17. Teenyman45

Teenyman45 [H]ard|Gawd

That is one densely packed little board. Next will you see how Asus implements one of these with a TR4 socket for AMD or LGA 3647 socket for Intel?

18. katanaD

katanaD [H]ard|Gawd

i have to say that at first i was a bit sceptical of the M2 drives since i already had good SSD's.. but MAN.. my new threadripper system only uses a 1TB M2 drive and the thing is damn near precog shit loads so fast. Plus with no spinning drives and a watercooled CPU the whole case is cool and quiet.

19. Sparky

Sparky 2[H]4U

I am so ready to upgrade my x99 5960x itx system. I will wait for a threadripper itx but not too long. My Titan V is doing fine,
    Wish they went with 4 so-dimm slots for quad channel.

{NG}Fidel likes this.
  20. 1_rick

1_rick Limp Gawd

I picked one of these up this weekend to replace my ASRock x370 mini itx, because I got tired of it hanging on sleep. Seems pretty good so far, although it has about a billion voltage and timing settings.

Also it (the Asus) defaulted Vcore to something insane like 1.443V at stock speed.