ASUS ROG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard Features

Looking forward to the review, I love SFF builds. I'm yearning to build a Ryzen SFF machine.

IMG_20180613_190801.jpg

That board looks rather awesome. Hope it tests out well. Having an extra Ryzen CPU, DDR4 ram, Corsair 600w SFX power supply not doing anything seems wasteful.

That board looks rather awesome. Hope it tests out well. Having an extra Ryzen CPU, DDR4 ram, Corsair 600w SFX power supply not doing anything seems wasteful.
you could always send it to me, I could put it to a very good use ^.^ (cannot afford to buy a new Ryzen system at this point :(

The features look great, but how do the drivers hold up?
Particularly, the audio drivers seem to be hit or miss when Asus uses their custom audio solution.

Must you take pictures of the Frag Harder Dipshit lights? My current build in an Evolv Shift alreadly looks Rainbow Bright is taking an eternal, writhing shit in it.

Corsair LED controls are really cool.

I'm waiting for a 32 core Threadripper on top of this shit. Reading your fucking site costs me money.

Careful, you'll draw the wrath of our resident rgb/disco apologist. But, I find myself keeping up on TR cpu's, mb's and cooling (really waiting for a good air rig, like from Noctua, now. looks like AMD may be in my future again after a lot of years.

Careful, you'll draw the wrath of our resident rgb/disco apologist. But, I find myself keeping up on TR cpu's, mb's and cooling (really waiting for a good air rig, like from Noctua, now. looks like AMD may be in my future again after a lot of years.

The self loathing I feel every time the blue visor goes across the red, temperature sensitive, ambient light is more harm than any apologist could ever do.

I die inside every time I spend hours fucking with the stupid LEDs in my machine.

I actually did die four or five times putting a Commander Pro, A lighting Node Pro, and fan LED controller, and a big, fat H80i in an Evolv Shift. I got better though...

That is one densely packed little board. Next will you see how Asus implements one of these with a TR4 socket for AMD or LGA 3647 socket for Intel?

You missed the M.2 on the back

i have to say that at first i was a bit sceptical of the M2 drives since i already had good SSD's.. but MAN.. my new threadripper system only uses a 1TB M2 drive and the thing is damn near precog shit loads so fast. Plus with no spinning drives and a watercooled CPU the whole case is cool and quiet.

I am so ready to upgrade my x99 5960x itx system. I will wait for a threadripper itx but not too long. My Titan V is doing fine,
Wish they went with 4 so-dimm slots for quad channel.

I picked one of these up this weekend to replace my ASRock x370 mini itx, because I got tired of it hanging on sleep. Seems pretty good so far, although it has about a billion voltage and timing settings.

Also it (the Asus) defaulted Vcore to something insane like 1.443V at stock speed.

Back