Asus Rog Strix X470-F Pre-Installed I/O Shield Doesn't Line Up with Case.

mothman

Supreme [H]ardness
I got one to try as the Pre-Installed I/O plate looked interesting, but it doesn't line up with the opening in my Lian Li case. Anyone else have a problem like this with any of the Asus boards with this feature ? Also wondering if anyone else has noticed how little activity there is in the motherboard forum, one would think it a frequently visited forum.

Got some pics to show this, I'm quite curious about this, I've not used a mobo yet with the built-in I/O shield.

I just picked up one of these at Micro Center today after work. It was open box and a good price so I couldn't pass it up.
Anyway, I tested it in a Corsair 330R case, also open box, and I had an issue at first. I had to remove the rear 120mm exhaust fan, then it fit and lined up fine. I haven't put the fan back in yet. I think it will fit, but it will be a tight fit and looks like it will touch the plastic cover over the port area. That plastic seems pretty tall and may be a bit out of spec or something.
It also fit a Corsair C70 fine. Yes, also an open box deal....

If your I/O plate doesn't fit the opening for it in the back, maybe you just need to change your standoffs. I have a bag of old screws, etc, and I see that I have some different height stand offs. These are old and I'm not sure where I got them.
You might want to try a local computer store and see if they have something that can help you out.

Back