ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E Gaming Motherboard Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
As I'm in the market for a solid X399 motherboard, I came straight to this review from Dan and Kyle. Great review and full of useful insight, but I was wondering if either of your two (Kyle and Dan) have had any change of opinion on this board or if you pretty much stand right where you were a month ago when this review was published?

The motherboards I've been looking into besides the ROG STRIX x399-E were the ASUS Prime x399-A, ASRock Taichi x399, the Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 x399 and of course the ASUS Zenith x399. The ASUS Prime x399-A is currently hovering at $290 on Amazon, and since I'm looking at picking up a new case and cooler to cover the possibility of the EATX form factor and match the TR4 socket, the Zenith pushes the limits of my budget a bit.

So Kyle and Dan, have either of you had a change of heart concerning this MB, or is it still a solid choice? Also, what opinions do other [H]ard x399 users currently have? I'm darn near ready to pull the trigger on this, so you input and opinions are greatly appreciated.

I love my setup, does my gaming and workstation usage without any issues at all.

Threadripper 1950X @ 4GHz, Asus ROG Strix X399-E,64GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Domminator, Enermax 280MM AIO, GTX 1080, Corsair HX1000i, Corsair 500D Case.

Last edited:
Back