Asus ROG Rampage II GENE

undertheradar

[H]ard|Gawd
Now this is a cool idea... cut away the useless fat and leave a mini board that kicks butt! Im liking this board... anyone seen them reviewed yet or have a MSRP? The Rampage II Extreme seems like it has a small share of problems, and not worth the $$$, but this might be the answer to that. All I need is a PCI-E slot for a GPU and PCI-E for X-Fi, so it seems like the i7 board I have been waiting for is coming... I hope its price is more reasonable and it performs...

Im thinking I put my Swiftech Apogee GTZ on there, a DangerDen block on the chipset and mosfets, and I have one mean little computer with my watercooled GTX285. I hope it comes in under $300, and that they address some of the short comings (like failure rate) of the Rampage II Extreme.

Thanks for the links Mr. James... can you imagine what that board would look like with a Godhand cooler on there?

you can get the dfi lp dk jr for probably $100 less and without all the useless auto overclocking bullshit.

you can get the dfi lp dk jr for probably $100 less and without all the useless auto overclocking bullshit.

I'm having stability problems with mine, plus it only supports 1333 mhz ram triple channel. Trying to find the right mix, but probably will upgrade to this Asus Rampage II Gene as soon as it's out.

I made it myself... 6 pcs. of 6' x 1"ID extruded aluminum starfin pipe like innovatek and alphacool passive radiators, but alot bigger (floorstanding)

Back