ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
Overclockers Club has just published a review of the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero. If you are in the market for a new Intel Z170 motherboard, this could be the one you are looking for.

Overclocking is just one of the board's strengths. When you crack open ASUS' AI Suite III utility a world of functionality opens up. ASUS includes tools in this suite that can improve power usage, tune the CPU and DRAM, and manage all the attached fans to maximize both the noise and cooling potential of the system via Fan Xpert III.

I was seriously considering picking this motherboard up for my new build but the reviews I have read on Newegg and Amazon are extremely varied and averaging out at 3 stars. Usually, the vast majority seems to rave over the Asus ROG products, and rightfully so since I've only 3-4 motherboards and all were top notch. I'm curious as to why that isn't the case on this one.

I really like mine. Build quality is great and everything went smoothly with driver install. Overclocking is a breeze too

Wait... Asus Suite is actually useable now? One of my pet peeve's is Asus' ability to include shit in their "ROG" boards that for me always get left in the box or never installed.

I was seriously considering picking this motherboard up for my new build but the reviews I have read on Newegg and Amazon are extremely varied and averaging out at 3 stars. Usually, the vast majority seems to rave over the Asus ROG products, and rightfully so since I've only 3-4 motherboards and all were top notch. I'm curious as to why that isn't the case on this one.

I purchased an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming and have been having a really bad time with it. What the hell ASUS? Are you dropping in quality? They're releasing a new BIOS for the pro gaming board every few weeks and the problems continue to get worse. I'm getting in touch with support about RMAing the board, but I'm very unimpressed. May think about Gigabyte or ASRock's offerings depending on how my support inquiry goes. I'm so used to exceptional quality products from Asus so I'm really disappointed.

Wait... Asus Suite is actually useable now? One of my pet peeve's is Asus' ability to include shit in their "ROG" boards that for me always get left in the box or never installed.

I may have hit the silicone lottery but with their AI suite it got me to 5.1Ghz to boot into windows. It then backed down to 4.9Ghz. I have it set at 4.8Ghz @1.35v adaptive with XMP@3Ghz.

I thought that the software might be garbage but it's great. When I'm using the box I leave it on performance and when I'm through I put it on power saver which backs down the clock speed and power usage down to like 15-20watts.

I am really interested in seeing [H] review it but either way I don't regret my decision to buy

Back