Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Small Form Factor Systems' started by Icer Jo, Jun 4, 2014.
re the Impact VII has any one get one of the new 950 Pro m.2 drives as their boot drive?
I ordered an SM951 512GB NVMe as my boot drive.
I'll report back here once I get it running..... but at least we'll see
I had my SM951 NVME as a linux drive on the M7I. Was amazing; booted before the screen came on.
Linux already has good NVME drivers so not sure how it is with Windows on.
Has anyone tried Bios 3003 on the VII Impact yet?
I'm hoping it solves the random "iROG3 is updating" issue after a power off where it just sits in the bios (sometimes for up to 3hrs) before resetting and working fine. Its extremely annoying.
having issues with i7 5775c wont go past 3.6ghz
any ideas what this could be?
flashed latest bios 3003 and flashed few old ones still the same
messed with intel XTU and throttlestop no different
also seen a few other cases like this where the cpu does not go past 3.6ghz on the i7 5775c
also in this review if you check XTU program his core freq is pegged @ 3.6ghz like mine.
wondered if a fresh install would sort anything out?
Since the 5775C turbo is mentioned as 3.7ghz, that would be for 1 core. More cores being used means it will run at a lower speed. However, "Multi-core" enhancement should force the processor to run all 4 cores at the maximum turbo speed of the chip. You can check this setting to ensure it is enabled. Perhaps, however, it isn't working correctly with Broadwell chips.
Unfortunately, I don't know how much help you can get for the 5775C. So few people have it that it's tough to provide any guidance... because it's Broadwell and not Haswell, there's no established methodology as to how to push these chips for OC.. for Haswell, Input voltage was quite important. Is it for Broadwell? Maybe.
It could be that the UEFI/BIOS were never properly designed for Broadwell, too... only just enough for compatibility due to how it ended up being released.
Thanks for the reply, the clock speed is just stuck at 3.6ghz and doesnt change if I turn turbo off it stays at 3.3ghz... wasn't that the reason motherboard manufacturers was selling us on z97? broadwell support, even if I change ratio it changes the ratio on at the top of the bios but on the right still says 3600 x36.. this is also the same in the OS and via monitoring software, im pretty disappointed that the impact is having this issue as I have a waterblock for it & even though I have a impact VIII im selling it because im not keen on it, but I might be forced to go back to to my 4790k or get a Asus z97i plus or go ahead with skylake.. in a nutshell disappointed with Asus.
heres my post on rog forums
I always loved these Impact boards.
Time to get myself one.
Wanted to see what the Skylake one offered but i really want the M.2 connectivity. (want to ditch all the storage wires and with the 950 Pro 1 TB on the horizon ...)
So if i may some questions:
1. Can i use the Impact VII without the Supreme FX audio card ? (maybe silly but just to be sure)
2. Can i remove the the wifi/bluetooth card ?
3. Any problems with the Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB - bootable,drivers, full speed, no heating etc ?
4. What was the problem with the screw for the mPCIE i read some time ago ? (can't find it now.)
5. Any other potential problems, heads up of any nature?
6. Anybody with a 4790k using it at stock with the stock intel cooler, what are the temperatures in gaming load?
1. I believe it's possible, but someone should confirm. I don't see why not.
2. Yes, I replaced mine with an Intel card. It could work without the card too.
3. I've been running that SSD for two weeks, it works flawlessly. But I installed the Samsung NVMe driver prior to cloning my Win10 install from my Samsung 830.
4. Dunno which you mean, I had to remove the screw from the back of the board, while it's also possible to fasten it through the I/O bracket to secure it.
5. No advice there.
6. I don't know the exact temps but you should expect noise and lots of it.
Thank you very much.
1. Yeah, like i use now, sound is via HDMI from my TV/monitor -i don't need for now a speaker system.
2. Good good.
3. I see. Good to know. No problems i believe with Win 7 as well?
4. Will try to search further in the posts.
6. So stock intel cooler, noisy, ok; will the Cryorig C7 will suffice for stock then? ( i presume i will found out more when more people buy it and/or more reviews are available)
Windows 7 over NVMe and with UEFI needs special attention, be sure to look it up in the "Storage" forum on [H], there is a Samsung 950 Pro topic with more info.
The cooler you choose will depend on the case you have, look at recommended coolers for your case.
1. yes you can use it without the audio card, or any of the cards its optional
2. yes you can use it without the bluetooth wifi card
3. I haven't try this drive yet but I doubt it would be a problem.
5. The problem with the screws was on both the MPCIE and sound card was that it was screwed on too tight out of the box making it VERY hard to unscrew. Also these two attachments are very fragile so you can do some serious damage if you use too much force to get the screw out. I don't know if its still an issue, but i nearly busted my mPCIE trying to unscrew the damn heatshield.
6. I'm using an i5 with the Noctual NH 9i can't remember the name but its near stock and pretty good temps near silent too.
Thank you very much.
Check in UEFI that your CPU microcode patch is 13 or higher?
First, download and install latest Intel chipset drivers from Asus. Reboot.
Second, download latest BIOS CAP file.
Third, don't install the BIOS from within UEFI, but instead install from Windows using special "BIOS updater for 5th Gen Intel Core Processors". Reboot.
Now check again the CPU microcode patch number in UEFI.
Are these available for sale anywhere?
Perhaps you can find it in old stock, but I think many Z97 boards are now discontinued.
Yeah it is a bit of a long-shot but some random searching led to prices about 200% markup. If I go Z170 then... new processor, new RAM, etc. etc. etc. and the wife wouldn't be too thrilled about it
In the same boat to find one new. As stated above only old stock or special order but i saw very high prices for this. Most of the time even the website stated that can be dispatches in x days etc, they can't get it anymore. I just managed to snatch one with little use from ebay yesterday. Just be on the look out. Can't wait to test it.
Finally got one.
4790k with Cryorig C7
16 GB DDR3L Crucial @ 1600 Mhz CL8 1.35v
GTX evga 970 SSC ACX2
ssd, matx case, 1 fans, psu 600w etc.
Noticed that on auto voltage it pumps a lot of juice into the cpu. Like above 1.360v in full load !
So i manually set it to 1.200v. But it stay non stop like that.
Is there a way i can manually set the limit to 1.2 but it can also drop in idle to 0.8xxx v etc?
Has anyone tried using 2x16GB DDR3 ram on the M7i?
Thanks a lot!
Can anyone confirm whether the Maximus VI Z87 Impact has support for Vt-d in the bios for compatible (4770,4790k) cpus?
The manual just mentions "Intel Virtualization Technology" setting that does not specifiy vt-x or vt-d