ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero newest BIOS (ver. 4004). How's it working for everyone using this mobo

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hi all. So there has already been talk of ASUS releasing a BIOS for the Crosshair VIII Hero, Hero Wi-Fi and Dark Hero on the 4002 BIOS which uses the AGESA 1.2.0.6b version. Well, ASUS just made it a non-BETA BIOS at ver. 4004. Here's the notes on it:

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO BIOS 4004
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b
2. Improve system performance and stability

I'm running a Crosshair VIII Hero non Wi-Fi and have this BIOS downloaded. What I'm wondering is with AGESA 1.2.0.5 reported to have problems on many X570 mobos, how is this newest BIOS at 1.2.0.6b running for you? I'm still running BIOS ver. 3601 for the C8H with little to no issues and am thinking of going to 4004 soon. Thanks in advance for answers and advice. Out!

Wondering the same here for 3950X + C8H WiFi currently BIOS 3801, powered by latest Linux.

What are the impacts and benefits of AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b within BIOS 4004 ?

You might give THIS a read.

I haven't updated mine yet currently using 3904 with no issues. I don't use the ARGB headers but if you do you may want to wait.

Thanks for the responses. So at the moment I am using none of the ARGB headers on the mobo at this time. Might try to flash this tomorrow morning but if not then? Sometime this week and see what happens. I liked to see that some people in the forum post owcraftsman shared reported lower temps and voltage on their Ryzen 5000 CPUs. I'm using a Ryzen 7 5800X myself. If anybody else wants to add to this conversation on this post with your findings please feel free. Out!

Flash it yourself... That board supports BIOS flashback. If you run into any issue or don't like the new BIOS, just do that to go back to your previous version.

Honestly things are running fine the way they are for me. I'm waiting for the 5800x3d compatibility update before I update again. Hopefully to prep for an upgrade.

Just upgraded to 4004 this morning. So far so good. 1 of the BIOS revisions before this one for the Crosshair VIII Hero (version 3702) sets up the board for Windows 11 compatibility. If what I've learned of BIOS revisions that means upgrading to 4004 included this feature. All that being said, I'm not upgrading to Windows 11 for another few months but good to know I'm ready for it when the time comes. Thanks and until next time I am out!

Back