ASUS RMA is up

Wonder if Asus will try to hold you to the 14 day ship back limit?? All the probs with getting a mailing label. I called and guy told me he was sending a label but it may take an hour or so before I recieve it. Took his name so I can verify that I have called and askrd for the label.

I put my advanced RMA in about 10 days ago...not in that much of a rush and have been busy so when it comes it comes...

They sent my FedEx emails today for the return, took $200 out of my account, but I don't have a tracking number or new motherboard at my house. I had planned to return the bad board in the box they sent me the new board in.

Interesting they are are working these days....

I emailed them my form on monday got the motherboard and fedex email today (wednesday).

Well I got my board in today, whats the process of sending the old one back?

Well...
After waiting for two weeks and still not able to get my RMA number.

Today I decided to take my motherboard directly to ASUS SERVICE CENTER CANADA myself. I walked in with my case number and explained to them the issue not being able to get a RMA for two weeks I was answered by a very nice gentleman who checked my info with the case number and told me to have a seat for about 15 minutes as he processed the proper RMA and replaced it with a brand new motherboard over the counter.
He also told me that the shipment for these "B3" just came in yesterday and that I must been the first one to get it. (true or not, I am happy).

Board came with BIOS 1305 x64

5533033215_baca35c5d4_z.jpg

9qWf1p

I'd believe it! Just got a tracking number for my RMA for a P8P67 standard. Being shipped from Markham from purolator.

Horrible experience so far from Asus... submitted the credit card form over a week ago, still nothing and no one at Asus can give me a straight answer.

Furthermore, even though they are English speaking individual from the US, they don't seem to understand what I am asking. :confused:
I call them ask for an update, they tell me they'll get back to me later in the day, they never have.
I call the following week and ask for an update on the RMA delay and they email me a snapshot of the status on the service web page, seriously? I can do that myself. :rolleyes:

I still baffle myself as to why I keep buying Asus, they have atrocious customer service everytime I have to deal with any sort of RMA with them and they are slow as hell.

I'm going to head to their Markham office as some of you have done and try to do the swap in person, this is just getting ridiculous.
If that doesn't work, I'll return the board to my retailer and pickup a board from a different manufacturer.

Last edited:
Had FedEx hold my board at one of their locations as I'll never be home to sign for it. Picked it up this afternoon and will be working on pulling the old and replacing it with the new sometime over the weekend. Convenient, as I'll be using their box to ship the old board right back to them in. Haven't checked to see if I received any headphones but I'm not going to hold my breath based on what others have said.

Horrible experience so far from Asus... submitted the credit card form over a week ago, still nothing and no one at Asus can give me a straight answer.

Furthermore, even though they are English speaking individual from the US, they don't seem to understand what I am asking. :confused:
I call them ask for an update, they tell me they'll get back to me later in the day, they never have.
I call the following week and ask for an update on the RMA delay and they email me a snapshot of the status on the service web page, seriously? I can do that myself. :rolleyes:

I still baffle myself as to why I keep buying Asus, they have atrocious customer service everytime I have to deal with any sort of RMA with them and they are slow as hell.

I'm going to head to their Markham office as some of you have done and try to do the swap in person, this is just getting ridiculous.
If that doesn't work, I'll return the board to my retailer and pickup a board from a different manufacturer.

You can wait a bit more until retailers get boards in stock than do a refund and get a replacement than... I mean it is not like your board has stop functioning or anything, right? As far as I remember we have until end of June 2011 to get the free replacement right? Not sure how long we have till retailers will give us full refund, i guess that depends on the quality of that retailer.

As for myself,,, I'll buy more Asus products as it's good to have service center close by and my experience was just too simple/easy with them.
I just don't like the hassle of shipping/handling/cost. Maybe that is because we are in canada.

Enjoy.

I guess what they should of made sure people know is that since there is high demand that there would be some delays.

Yes but not even sending shipping information is just bad form. YES, I'm happy to see both my B3 boards in (Thanks AthlonXP) but at the same time. Customer Service is customer service.

I guess what they should of made sure people know is that since there is high demand that there would be some delays.
It would be interesting to know exactly how many motherboards they are currently replacing.

As for myself, I got my new B3 board up and running. A little after receiving it from FedEx, (that day) I got an email from them telling me how to ship my board back. I was taken aback by this after reading what other people have had to go through in order to get that information.

Can't really say I have any complaints other than it took awhile for things to start showing up (impatient me really). Hopefully others will have a good experience as well.

I'm not one of the lucky ones. Still haven't received my board. I called last Friday and was told the board was ready ship, called this morning and was told they have no idea when the board will ship. After telling the him i wasn't to pleased, he hungup the phone on me, i wan't rude, didn't offend the guy. Lets just say, i have bought my last Asus Product. Going to store and return it and get Gigabyte board instead. Little do they know how many PC 's/Pc product i purchase per year, oh well, if thats how they play the game.

You can wait a bit more until retailers get boards in stock than do a refund and get a replacement than... I mean it is not like your board has stop functioning or anything, right? As far as I remember we have until end of June 2011 to get the free replacement right? Not sure how long we have till retailers will give us full refund, i guess that depends on the quality of that retailer.

As for myself,,, I'll buy more Asus products as it's good to have service center close by and my experience was just too simple/easy with them.
I just don't like the hassle of shipping/handling/cost. Maybe that is because we are in canada.

Enjoy.

That may be the case, but I have a new case (Corsair 650D) and a new CPU Cooler to install, and there is no point in me installing either until the replacement board, so there is a reason for me not to wait.

I understand there is a long queue for this, however, Asus provided the wrong info to me when they first launched the replacement, which caused me not to sign up. Then they finally provided the correct info, I did my order and now it seems as though they can't handle the queue.

The biggest issue I'm having with them is that they never ever call and provide updates or information requested even though they promise to do so.

They have been absolutely atrocious when it comes to customer service...

I even asked if I could simply drive to the RMA centre and do the swap in person, they told me no... bad bad service by Asus.

I'm not one of the lucky ones. Still haven't received my board. I called last Friday and was told the board was ready ship, called this morning and was told they have no idea when the board will ship. After telling the him i wasn't to pleased, he hungup the phone on me, i wan't rude, didn't offend the guy. Lets just say, i have bought my last Asus Product. Going to store and return it and get Gigabyte board instead. Little do they know how many PC 's/Pc product i purchase per year, oh well, if thats how they play the game.

You're not the only 1

So mine did show up today....

Dateline of Events.

March 8th - Filled out RMA forms and sent them the Advanced RMA.
March 16th - Got FedEx and RMA emails (twice)
March 17th - Motherboard arrived.

9 days isn't bad.

Edit Did have a Pro board and did get the headphones.

Last edited:
Just got my B3 in.

As far as shipping the old one back, I might have lost or given away a couple of the accessories that came with the board, as I can't find them.

I'm reading on the ASUS RMA site that they want you to return the original contents, but I also remember reading elsewhere (this thread?) that this is only "if possible".

Can anyone confirm? Has anyone sent back just the motherboard without accessories? Is that okay?

Just return what you have, it's not really reasonable for them to expect all accessories to be returned for an RMA.

Just got my B3 in.

As far as shipping the old one back, I might have lost or given away a couple of the accessories that came with the board, as I can't find them.

I'm reading on the ASUS RMA site that they want you to return the original contents, but I also remember reading elsewhere (this thread?) that this is only "if possible".

Can anyone confirm? Has anyone sent back just the motherboard without accessories? Is that okay?

The new board comes in a full retail box with all accessories. Just send back the accessories that come in the new box.

You need to email them with your Case/RMA# so they can have FedEx issue you the Prepaid label to ship the old board back. I had to do it so have others.

Sent email with info this past Monday. Board arrived 8th Feb. Put it in last Sat. Still no prepaid return shipping label. :confused: :rolleyes: :( and soon :mad:

Figures. I finally got my Asus RMA number and Fedex shipping info last night for a Standard RMA of my Pro board. Been waiting 15 days for it. Boxed it up and dropped it off at Fedex. Come home and check out specials at MC where I bought it and...5 Pro boards in stock. :rolleyes: I think Asus tied the Fedex tracking number of my board to flag MC that they can finally post their Pro inventory...

I got tired of waiting on the supposed Asus phone call that was promised and contacted my reseller.
Looks like a unit is on its way to me from the reseller and if I get lucky, it'll arrive tomorrow.
Now that's service! Asus, if you're reading this, you have some serious work to do on improving your RMA process.

I got my B3 P8P67 Deluxe replacement and the only thing is that the Bios is way buggier than before! I mean it took a few tries to get my ram frequency + timings right! Sometimes the menu will act weird in bios. Also forget about TPU feature as the should name it POS feature. I mean if that is enabled your system will not post at all!

I finally got it going. Replaced my True with a Venomous and didn't notice any temp differences. Kind of feels like its mounting bracket is another half conceived idea. Doesn't feel tight. But about about the differences from the board I noticed the pci-e slots are thicker from end to end. Thats about it!

Just hope Intel doesn't have another recall!

I got my replacement p8p67 Pro B3 from Asus in less than a week from the time I filled out the forms on Saturday. I received my Return Fed Ex label in my email the same day my replacement board arrived. I can't complain about the RMA service, though the Asus site said "Processing" while Fed Ex was knocking on my door with the new motherboard.

Hey guys just got my P8P67 r3 in and I'm already having problems with this board. I can't get it to boot, all it does is power on for a few seconds then shuts off then keeps repeating the cycle over and over. I've checked all of the connections that need to be connected and everything seems good. I even connected my old 700w psu into the mobo and it resulted in a boot with a much quicker shutdown. These psu units worked just fine on the original p8p67 boards before the recall.

Has anyone had this issues? Is the board DoA? Any fixes?

Thanks

Hey guys just got my P8P67 r3 in and I'm already having problems with this board. I can't get it to boot, all it does is power on for a few seconds then shuts off then keeps repeating the cycle over and over. I've checked all of the connections that need to be connected and everything seems good. I even connected my old 700w psu into the mobo and it resulted in a boot with a much quicker shutdown. These psu units worked just fine on the original p8p67 boards before the recall.

Thanks

Sounds DOA to me.

Give them a call, I did that and they gave me a fedex ground label.

Roger that! Just called and So far so good.... 20 to 30 min till I'm suppose to have it in email.
Surprisingly I was only on hold for 5 min.

FEDX Label info arrived in email like they said. Glad to be done with this and the new MB is running fine. :D

Last edited:

Thanks

try clearing cmos. when you put new components on a motherboard, it's always safe to clear cmos first before turning it on. if that doesn't help. then try to re sit your cpu memory, and video card. in fact, just leave these three on and a keyboard connected, and take out everything else, like hard drives and other components. then try to turn it on and see if can power up or not.

Anyone got a b3 and having problems with red light led cpu?

what do you mean red light led cpu? do you mean the DRAM_LED? if it stays on when you turn on your computer, it means your memory settings are not correct (usually due to overclocking), and you won't be able to power up. all you need to do is to press and hold the MemOK switch until it goes from solid lit to start blinking. then the motherboard will automatically set the memory to compatible settings for you. after that it'll power up again so you can go to bios and set your desired timing/voltage again.

what do you mean red light led cpu? do you mean the DRAM_LED? if it stays on when you turn on your computer, it means your memory settings are not correct (usually due to overclocking), and you won't be able to power up. all you need to do is to press and hold the MemOK switch until it goes from solid lit to start blinking. then the motherboard will automatically set the memory to compatible settings for you. after that it'll power up again so you can go to bios and set your desired timing/voltage again.

nope theres a red led for the cpu. The d_ram led doesn't blink or come on. Pretty much got the same problem as this user http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1592376

Also can the RMA be conducted by going here http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techmailstatus.aspx ? Because I sent them a petition there or does it only work through phone call?

Last edited:
Cancelled my RMA with Asus as I received a replacement within 24 hours from requesting it from my reseller. Asus definitely soured me on their whole RMA process.

Sadly, I still can't install AISuite on the new board. Guess they have some work to do on figuring out how to install this app! I did a full format too, so it's definitely not an OS issue. :mad:

Unfortunatly no but when I talked to Asus for my RMA the rep told me once your issued a RMA # they have a replacement board for you. Follow up on the Asus site and once you get a new serial# showing it should ship shortly. Mine did at least. :)

Cancelled my RMA with Asus as I received a replacement within 24 hours from requesting it from my reseller. Asus definitely soured me on their whole RMA process.

Sadly, I still can't install AISuite on the new board. Guess they have some work to do on figuring out how to install this app! I did a full format too, so it's definitely not an OS issue. :mad:

Dumb question...are you using the new version or applying the patch for the CD version?

No, I simply used the latest version located on the Asus website.
The patch never worked for me before, so I didn't bother with it this time.

Back