ASUS RMA is up

Your RMA request has been submitted for review. Processing time usually ranges from 1 to 3 business days. Once approved you will receive and email notification once an RMA number has been issued for your product.

That's what My thing been saying since the 2nd! lol

My replacement P8P67 Deluxe arrived via FedEx on Monday. I just not got around to installing it and it behaves much differently than my previous board. CPU-Z reads idle voltages on the new board as low as ~0.85V...I never saw my CPU voltage dip that low on the old board. Whereas I was able to OC to 4.8 GHz via a +0.005V offset and +0.184V "Additional Turbo Voltage" (maxed out around 1.376V) and regular LLC, I cannot use those settings on the new board. The same settings max the CPU out at 1.344V-1.352V. In order to hit a loaded core voltage of 1.376V, I now need to use an offset of +0.020V and an Additional Turbo Voltage value of around +0.212, which leaves room for voltage spikes into the mid-1.4V range.

I've gone back to using Ultra High LLC and no Additional Turbo Voltage. Currently trying a minimal offset of +0.010V (max load 1.368V) to see if it's just a calibration issue.

my replacement mobo was finally shipped out today (tuesday):D but 'm jealous. why all of you guys get over night or 2nd day shipping, while i get the slowest saver shipping? it's just a little more than an hour drive from their warehouse to my house. but fedex scheduled the deliver day to friday. that's 3 days:( i could literally walk over there and back in 3 days:rolleyes:

If that's where its shipping from, an hr away it wont matter if they use 3 days or next day you should still receive it within 1 day considering its so close.

I installed my board and set my setting exactly how I had them and everything is good.

What I found strange at first was that windows started loading all these drivers again I wouldve thought it didnt have to load anything seeing as I was just changing the board out and it was the exact same board, chipset and all.

the b3 stepping has slightly different bus vendor id, so all the hardware needs to be re-enumerated.

It seems to me that they are sending out the boards from CA and anybody in CA is getting 3 day shipping while people outside of CA are getting overnite. Maybe they assume that since you are in CA that Fedex will get it to you overnite despite the 3 day. It's been my experience that Fedex will purposely hold it for 3 days even if it's 1 mile from your house whereas UPS will deliever it early if it gets to your central station early.

Sent my paperwork in last Thursday and still have not heard anything back.

What phone number is everyone calling to get their RMA's set up? I'm getting very frustrated.

I registered my board a while ago on their "notice" page, with S/N etc. I recieved an email with a confirmation number saying they would email me when the new boards are ready. Clearly based on this thread, the new boards are ready, but I've received no email from ASUS at all.

So I tried calling their "6 series hotline" that they provided in the email when I recieved my confirmation number. Both times I've waited on hold to speak to someone for over an hour, no one picks up. So I emailed the email address they provided 2 days ago, and no response either. What the hell is going on?

What number is everyone calling? I've been calling 1-866-625-9873, and I emailed [email protected]. Nothing.

I was in a similar situation. I responded with my CC authorization form the first day it became available. I even sent it to them a second time after others had gotten a response and I had not. Finally, come Saturday, I checked the web page and I now had a RMA number and CC Auth & RMA generated were checked. It had the Fedex label line as in processing. I waited until late yesterday and nothing. Mean while, people who sent their forms in at the same time as me or even after were now sitting on their boards.

So I called the Intel 6 Series line, and was on hold for about 20-30 minutes. The person I spoke to said my board was getting ready to ship out. I asked for an estimate and all he said was within a day or two. So, I will give them the benefit of the doubt here. I understand this is hectic and there's a lot of boards to replaced.

What I don't understand is what system they are using to work their way through these requests. When people who sent their paperwork in the same time, or after, are already sitting on their boards, and mine has not even been shipped? I have to question what is going on. None the less, I'm trying to be understanding of the situation here.

If that's where its shipping from, an hr away it wont matter if they use 3 days or next day you should still receive it within 1 day considering its so close.

"Close-ness" doesn't really matter. Through tracking info I have watched these delivery companies hold stuff so that it is delivered based on the shipping speed that is paid for. They simply assign it a lower priority and process other orders ahead of it. Phyiscal distance doesn't even enter the equation.

What I don't understand is what system they are using to work their way through these requests. When people who sent their paperwork in the same time, or after, are already sitting on their boards, and mine has not even been shipped? I have to question what is going on. None the less, I'm trying to be understanding of the situation here.

I thought when they first put up that RMA notification page they said they would process orders based on when people signed up on that page (not the RMA page that opened a few days ago - the one they put up in February right after all this started). I signed up right away and already have my new board - when did you sign up initially?

Yep, here it is:

Product Replacement
For US and Canadian Customers Only - Please fill out the Service Registration Form to register your product(s) for replacement. Pending replacement part shipment schedules from Intel®, it may take several or more weeks for replacement services to begin. Customers will be serviced based on their order form completion date.

Anyone know, where is the link for checking the status of your rma based on serial number?

I dont mind waiting awhile but I will be pissed if I get a refurbished board since they should have the refurbs pretty soon

I thought when they first put up that RMA notification page they said they would process orders based on when people signed up on that page (not the RMA page that opened a few days ago - the one they put up in February right after all this started). I signed up right away and already have my new board - when did you sign up initially?

Yep, here it is:

I managed to sign up immediately after the page became live. I didn't see any point in waiting.

Yea windows also needed to be reactivated.

Ive seen different experiences with Fedex, sometimes they do hold onto the package until the delivery date but I've also seen them deliver it early at times. Not sure what makes the to decide which to do.

I've also yet to get instructions or a label to ship back the old board. If I wouldve had it already it wouldve been sent back by now. Has anyone received a shipping label?

Do you know if Asus will accept password-protected PDF files?

E-mailing a jpeg of my credit card info doesn't seem right.

Yea windows also needed to be reactivated.

Ive seen different experiences with Fedex, sometimes they do hold onto the package until the delivery date but I've also seen them deliver it early at times. Not sure what makes the to decide which to do.

I've also yet to get instructions or a label to ship back the old board. If I wouldve had it already it wouldve been sent back by now. Has anyone received a shipping label?

I didn't get the Fedex email either. I called Asus this morning and they got one sent to me within minutes

I installed my board and set my setting exactly how I had them and everything is good.

What I found strange at first was that windows started loading all these drivers again I wouldve thought it didnt have to load anything seeing as I was just changing the board out and it was the exact same board, chipset and all.

well, i think fedex is "very good" at sticking with their schedule. they'd hold your package until the scheduled day. last time i had a package from them, they held it at a station about 100 miles from my house for 3 days before moving on, so that they could make the delivery on the scheduled day. so i guess i'll just have to wait till friday then:(

regarding reloading drivers, i see everyone who received the replacement board needed to do the same as you did. so i guess it's normal. maybe they have different hardware id's so windows detects them as new hardware being installed.

I didn't get the Fedex email either. I called Asus this morning and they got one sent to me within minutes

Had the RMA since Saturday, but since then the Fedex status was still in progress . So I called Asus this afternoon and they gave me the tracking number. The board shipped on the 7th and arrived today although i wasn't home to receive it. I'll just pick it up at the Fedex office near my place.

Last edited:
Just got an email saying

We have already received your form; however we are awaiting stock availability and once your model type becomes available we will process your forms accordingly.

is everyone loading the latest bios from Gary's post? last one I loaded gave me sleep issues...ymmv (this was on the old board for a p67m-pro).

When you guys faxed your forms in did you get a confirmation? It's been 2 days now without any sort of update...

Yep, here it is:

I signed up on the original form the day it became active. As I said, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. Incidentally, I just checked now and it says my board is ready for shipping and has the new board S/N listed. So, with any luck, I'll have it by the weekend.

I signed up for an exchange within the first few days of the online registry. Then, a few days ago, I was notified of the RMA process beginning; that night they had server issues. I didn't get to submit my CC auth form until early the next day. Since then, I've received zero contact from ASUS, and nothing was updated on the "status" page.

A tip from other members pointed me towards the global support site and I found it the most accurate in terms of status/shipping/etc. They overnighted my new board to me on Monday for delivery on Tuesday, but I knew I couldn't be home to sign for it, so I had it diverted to a FedEx shipping center. I just picked it up this afternoon and installed it without any issues.

I still haven't received a fedex return slip for the old board. But otherwise, the process has been completed quite smoothly. I just need to contact ASUS for a return slip.

on my repair status inquiry it states this :
ASUS After-sale Repair Status Route is as below:
Product Received > (Waiting) > Repairing > Final Testing > Packing > Ready for Shipping > Repair Finished.

are they sending out returned boards with just the chip replaced ?
hope i dont get someone elses headache , mine is running so nice.

Do I have to reformat or reinstall the drivers?

windows 7, no. it should do it on your first boot.

are you in another galaxy ? your sig is out of this world --> NXZT Phantom | i7 2600K@12.5GHz | Corsair H90 | ASUS P8P67 Ultra | Corsair Vengeance 128GB | Zotac GTX580 Duodo-SLI | ASUS Xonar DX9 | OCZ Vertex 2 240TB | WD Green Caviar 99TB | CM Silencer 5000W | ASUS VW866H

windows 7, no. it should do it on your first boot.

are you in another galaxy ? your sig is out of this world --> NXZT Phantom | i7 2600K@12.5GHz | Corsair H90 | ASUS P8P67 Ultra | Corsair Vengeance 128GB | Zotac GTX580 Duodo-SLI | ASUS Xonar DX9 | OCZ Vertex 2 240TB | WD Green Caviar 99TB | CM Silencer 5000W | ASUS VW866H

epic winning

on my repair status inquiry it states this :
ASUS After-sale Repair Status Route is as below:
Product Received > (Waiting) > Repairing > Final Testing > Packing > Ready for Shipping > Repair Finished.

are they sending out returned boards with just the chip replaced ?
hope i dont get someone elses headache , mine is running so nice.

Mine says the exact same thing. I believe they already said they were shipping new boards, so I suspect this just generic wording for their normal RMA process, and being used for this. If I get a refurbished board, I will be returning it and waiting to buy a new one when they hit the stores. I don't think it's going to be an issue though (I hope). As far as I know, everyone who has gotten one, has gotten a brand new one.

Mine says the exact same thing. I believe they already said they were shipping new boards, so I suspect this just generic wording for their normal RMA process, and being used for this. If I get a refurbished board, I will be returning it and waiting to buy a new one when they hit the stores. I don't think it's going to be an issue though (I hope). As far as I know, everyone who has gotten one, has gotten a brand new one.

Why are you guys seeing "repair" in the wording? I used the replacement RMA....as did most others. We are getting replacement boards, not repaired boards. I have read nothing about repaired boards due to the Intel SATA 2 port problems.

All I know is it's a pita to get the defective board back to them.

I called them yesterday was waiting about 20 min and finally got someone which proceeded to put me on hold then hang up on me 10 mins later....

Called them back later that day to get the return fed-ex label, some guy tells me the servers are down and he cant enter any info at the moment? But he will once they go back up... never get any email.

So I emailed them this morning requesting a label....

Seems like they dont want this board back. :confused:

I just did the live chat and asked about the boards

Hana> Btw, are the 6 series replacements new or refurbished unit?
ASUSTech-Joseph> New

I'm hoping this will stay true in the months to come

I just received my replacement motherboards after 2 failed FedEx attempts, lucky I had the day off.

I checked my e-mails and the package, but I never received the FedEx return shipping label. I just e-mailed back the support e-mail address.

Back