ASUS RMA is Ridiculously Horrible!

I remember many many years ago I sent a Striker board to ASUS for RMA. Before I sent it I purchased a used Abit board from a friend so I could still game. Turns out I forgot about that board I sent ASUS and NEVER recieved it back. I remember calling them and getting transfered around and just thinking "screw it" and hanging up after an hour or so. I thought I'd call back later but just gave up. I wonder if it's sitting somewhere in a giant warehouse somewhere. I never heard from Asus again. I LOVE the products but man....the customer service is truly horrid.

ive never had issues with Asus and will be buying their boards until some other company beats them
I always had great customer service !

I also sent back my Rampage II Extreme on the 23rd. They received it on the 27th but the RMA status still haven't been updated. Email ASUS support and they said that it will take 48-72 hrs for it to be keyed in.

I'm just wondering is the person who signed for it, one "Rick Cotton", works there right? Just getting really nervous after reading all these bad experiences with ASUS RMA.

So I JUST received my graphics card back from RMA. It is my exact graphics card that I sent in ( I wrote down the serial and made a little mark that nobody will notice except me). They said they did repairs on it but I'll see in a bit.

Did it work?

Dude same thing happenned to me and my 6870DirectCU card, they just sent it back to me the same card with the same problems. I used Asus chat and talked to Mark in Motherboards and he sent me a brand new card from the CA headquarters of Asus, not the repair shop in Indiana. They put a hold on your credit card and give you 14 days to return the bad card and they paid return shipping to CA. Asus is in Fremont California, on the same street as the Corsair headquarters. So I went thru the same thing as you did, but then they made it right, they sent me a new board and it works just fine, way happy with Asus. Can''t wait to purchase a Rampage 4 Extreme when they add Thunderbolt to the mix.

Contact Mark in Motherboards he is great, they put a hold on your Credit card but I was never charged a cent totally cool.

Bruce

No wonder why so many people returned lots of Asus boards at Newegg with resell open-box Asus boards all over place.

Last edited:
As not to get myself into trouble. When sending in a board for RMA, you absolutely 1000000000% need to make sure it's D E A D. Read into that what you will. Otherwise, the techs are busy / lazy. If even for 1 second it powers up normal and their diag test comes back as good, you WILL GET THAT BOARD back. You really think some tech has your best interest at heart and is going to spend 20 mins trying to recreate "your problem" or whatever the issue was, uhh .. no, not going to happen. Do not let the system rape you. You take control of the system and manipulate it. I've sent in well over 28 to 33 boards or so over the years, the first 7 or 8 board I got returned to me just like you poor bastards. After that, I made sure the boards were dead. dead. dead DEAD and, I never had a problem again.

Ya I've never had good luck with ASUS RMA's. Their hardware is top notch, so most people never have a problem because they don't need an RMA. However when something breaks they are completely unhelpful. You can get a replacement, but it is a massive pain.

I don't buy ASUS for that reason only. As I said, they make great hardware so 99.9% of them time, life is good. However for that 0.1% when shit breaks you are left in a lurch. For me, that is a deal breaker.

IDK, about all of these bad experiences, and I would be equally as POed if I had dealt with some of the same situations as I have read here. But, my experience with ASUS RMA has been completely opposite, and one of the main reasons I have always bought from them!

Just in the last 2 years, I have had RMA's for a 5870 once, a 6970 3x, a RIII Ex 3x, a GTX 460, and a P68 Maximus IV. Every singe one has gone perfectly smooth. Anytime I use the Cross-Ship Direct Replacement deal, I have my replacement in less than a week usually, recieving it before I even send out the defective part! Like I said, this has been my exp, doesn't mean that they can't F up on another person's RMA ;)

Dang... you had 7 Asus products fail on you within 2 years?!
I don't care how good your RMA experience was; the product unreliability speaks for itself !

I hope that you've got hundreds of Asus products in use because otherwise 7 failures is bad for a home enthusiast!

OC_Seer made a lot of promises over PMs to me but it was all just hot air. He asked me for RMA numbers. I sent him all of them. He says he has a motherboard that he can send me but needs to test it first. I said ok. No reply. Last msg I received from him was back on 20th of december, 2011.

I guess they just make a lot of promises and get you all worked up and then just expect time to pass by and they hope you forget everything.
Horrible support, mediocre products. I see no reason why somebody would buy ASUS anymore.

Last edited:
I have been purchasing Asus Mobos for years and have been lucky, I am about to purchase another Motherboard for a new build, and a monitor to go with it, both Asus, I think now I will look elsewhere, it's not like there's a shortage of manufacturers. ;)

Back