ASUS RMA is Ridiculously Horrible!

Gensou

Limp Gawd
I sent in my rampage ii extreme that died. It was in "repairing" status for about 3 weeks, it took 1 week for it to arrive. 1 MONTH to RMA a board.

And guess what? They sent me my exact dead motherboard back to me.

Last edited:
There is an ASUS rep here that help me out on one really bad RMA.

He help set things straight. Hopefully he will chime in and help you out.

Best of luck man. I feel you though. A bad RMA is just one thing but the amount of time that it takes is much worse.

Yeah, thanks man.
I've always had friends complain to me about their ASUS monitors and laptops but I've never had a problem with them until now and now I see where they're coming from.

Well call them and do something about it instead of being a drama queen. The Asus rep here is named Gary.

Same shit happened to me a few weeks ago when I sent in a DOA board. When I told customer support about it they said, "Since this was a return from us you will need to call into the call center and ask to speak to a 2nd level RMA tech, they will make sure you are taken care of. Sorry for the inconvenience."

How many fucking levels are there?

Yup, once I had to rma a mobo back to asus, it took 5 MONTHS before they sent the replacment back. After 2 months without a gaming computer I got pissed and bought a brand new non asus mobo and sold my replacment when it did finnaly come In.

Never bought anything asus since.

I sent in my rampage ii extreme that died. It was in "repairing" status for about 3 weeks, it took 1 week for it to arrive. 1 MONTH to RMA a board.

And guess what? My reference ASUS EN GTX 570 video card started started to artifact and making everything flash and flicker. I never even overclocked it and temps are maximum 75C, average 40-45C. I'm scared to do another RMA with them. I also have to pay like $10-15 for shipping.

Hi,

Drop me a PM with your details and I will put you in touch with RMA and find out why your board was shipped back.

-Raja

My friend has a crosshair IV extreme that the pcie lanes keep disappearing. Asus has had this board twice and returned the same dead board twice.

LOL ~ I was skimming and at first I thought the ASUS rep posted this... now THAT would be funny :p

Raja should take care of you. I just wish i could talk to someone about that center and the dysfunction that goes on there and it not fall on deaf ears.

damn this is one of the worst RMAs i have seen, i had to RMA a few things to asus and never had an issue, i had a worse time waiting for a company to SHIP my ram i bought. i waited 1 week for thenm to ship it, and then another 10 days for it to get here... and it was bs

Mine took 3 weeks and I got the same board back as well....had to send it in another time to get the situation rectified.

I AM SO TIRED OF THIS COMPANY. I've been calling every day since Monday. Every time I am being told something else. One of the reps finally told me that she could not help me and transferred me to the Indiana dept. supervisor, Mark. Mark tells me that they will send me a replacement motherboard. Just now I received some sort of email from fedex with a shipping label. Except the label is for me to send a motherboard to them (Indiana).

I feel like ripping off my hair. Raja tells me that he has nothing to do with support or RMA. He can't really help me.

I feel like I need to take this to the next level somehow. I haven't seen my motherboard for a month.

Last edited:
I AM SO TIRED OF THIS COMPANY. I've been calling every day since Monday. Every time I am being told something else. One of the reps finally told me that she could not help me and transferred me to the Indiana dept. supervisor, Mark. Mark tells me that they will send me a replacement motherboard. Just now I received some sort of email from fedex with a shipping label. Except the label is for me to send a motherboard to them (Indiana).

I also decided to do advanced replacement on my GPU.
I call them and the rep takes all my information and says that I will receive an email with instructions shortly and a credit card form (so they can put a hold on my card in the value of the MSRP of the card).
I receive the email and it says that they do not have a replacement in stock but it says to send them my card (to Indiana) anyways.

I feel like ripping off my hair. Raja tells me that he has nothing to do with support or RMA. He can't really help me.

I feel like I need to take this to the next level somehow. I haven't seen my motherboard for a month. I believe if I send them my GPU right now, I won't see it ever.
I could be wrong but i dont think you talked to a supervisor. If you want to PM me i can give you some names of people who are at the top. If you do get ahold of them i hope your fluent with chinese as any authority figure there is chinese and barely speaks any english.

I could be wrong but i dont think you talked to a supervisor. If you want to PM me i can give you some names of people who are at the top. If you do get ahold of them i hope your fluent with chinese as any authority figure there is chinese and barely speaks any english.

Thanks, but I've about given up. I'll be happy if I get a working motherboard back. If not, I will file a claim.

Never purchasing another ASUS product ever again. I have no idea what kind of bullshit is going on at that company.

Thanks, but I've about given up. I'll be happy if I get a working motherboard back. If not, I will file a claim.

Never purchasing another ASUS product ever again. I have no idea what kind of bullshit is going on at that company.

You might as well get a claim going.

I have a good idea what goes on there. I used to work there.

File a claim with who? Just wondering in case I ever run into issues with my Asus products.

Asus, customer support is the pits. Always has been, always will be. In technology the support you receive is as important as the product you are buying. Waiting anymore than a week to two for a board replacement is unacceptable.

yeah my view is thats unacceptable and may put me off buying asus in future.

In my view a RMA should supply replacement before they get the failed hardware. So both shipped at same time and you get replacement fast, meaning if they want to then take 6 months to fix the failed hardware then thats fine.

WD has/had a program where you could get cross shipped replacements on a failed drive. You would have to supply a credit card number cause if they did not receive the old drive back within 30 days they charged you the market price of the drive they sent you. I liked that, thought it was quite fair and pulled my butt out of a sling on more than one occasion.

WD has/had a program where you could get cross shipped replacements on a failed drive. You would have to supply a credit card number cause if they did not receive the old drive back within 30 days they charged you the market price of the drive they sent you. I liked that, thought it was quite fair and pulled my butt out of a sling on more than one occasion.

Asus do that for there server level products, but normal customers like us have to wait:mad:.

Maybe the guys at Asus should speak to Corsair - thats how things should be done.

Product warranty and support suck.
I live in EU and seems we have these regulations sorted much better. I never order anything directly from the manufacturer. I order expensive stuff just when I am able to pickup it personally in city where I live.
I don't need to write or call anywhere, ship nothing anywhere and basically fight for my product to be repaired or replaced. The store, retailer or vendor takes care for all of this. I don't need to care at all wtf is going inside companies, they just fix it for me. So when my last mobo died, I brought it back to the store where I got it, and yes there was about 1 month delay(that is max allowed time) as well, but they considered that it needs to be replaced and entire transaction was aborted and I could even choose from different model, brand and so on. 2 years standard warranty on everything, RMA stuff is pure fun for me. :)

Asus do that for there server level products, but normal customers like us have to wait:mad:.

Maybe the guys at Asus should speak to Corsair - thats how things should be done.

It's not server stuff only I had a rampage iii extreme and it still went horrible!
If its the "republic of gamers" it's special rma too
I won't own another asus product not even there laptops

Evga and corsair for me

Last edited:
Same shit happened to me a few weeks ago when I sent in a DOA board. When I told customer support about it they said, "Since this was a return from us you will need to call into the call center and ask to speak to a 2nd level RMA tech, they will make sure you are taken care of. Sorry for the inconvenience."

How many fucking levels are there?
Similar situation I experienced, but I live 1-2 days ground to the nearest RMA center on the west coast. I also received the same board back. What bothered me the most was they did not indicate this on any of the communication, and all the return paperwork was blank. I only found this out when I attempted to install it and it had the same issue. I spent close to 2-3 weeks, calling daily, to try and get some resolution even after the mandatory 2nd level confirmed I needed a replacement. I spoke to numerous supervisors and groups. In the end it was pretty clear that it was always someone elses problem, they did not work in that area that could assist me, nor could they contact that someone else for me to get it resolved.

Having failures in electronics is expected. I work in the field and it's part of environment. The difference being is the whole customer support system is broken over there and it's pretty obvious once you need to use it.

Needless to say I haven't bought an Asus product since nor do I recommend them.

Last edited:
Got a fedex tracking # yesterday.
Status says it was initiated on the 18th and will arrive on 28th. It hasn't shipped yet, so I'm guessing they will ship it on Monday.
Really hope I get a working motherboard back.
That's what I get for buying their high end product, "REPUBLIC OF GAMERS" Rampage II Extreme.

Customer reps were clueless when I was speaking to them, each and every one of them told me something different every time I called them and they would tell me "call back tomorrow, I should receive status report email by then". I've been told to "call back tomorrow" 4 times in a row.

Never purchasing another ASUS product again.

Thermaltake was a godsend compared to asus. I had a PSU die and I got in contact with one of the guys through TT forums and he emailed me, filed my RMA. I received instant emails, I spoke with him through email and replies were blazing fast. He gave me a choice on what replacement I want. I chose and I got a replacement within 2-3 days from City of Industry, California. Even though I got a brand new PSU replacement, it was DoA. The guy I spoke with apologized and he sent me a new and tested psu before I shipped the dead one back. Did I mention they covered all my shipping costs?

Not to promote any companies or anything, it just boggles my mind how great one company's service is and how terrible another is.

Last edited:
/agree. Spent two months waiting on RMA for two video cards. They thought they could "upgrade" me to a single 6950 for my two 6870s without telling me.

That started a shot storm

Product warranty and support suck.
I live in EU and seems we have these regulations sorted much better. I never order anything directly from the manufacturer. I order expensive stuff just when I am able to pickup it personally in city where I live.
I don't need to write or call anywhere, ship nothing anywhere and basically fight for my product to be repaired or replaced. The store, retailer or vendor takes care for all of this. I don't need to care at all wtf is going inside companies, they just fix it for me. So when my last mobo died, I brought it back to the store where I got it, and yes there was about 1 month delay(that is max allowed time) as well, but they considered that it needs to be replaced and entire transaction was aborted and I could even choose from different model, brand and so on. 2 years standard warranty on everything, RMA stuff is pure fun for me. :)

What you have is a local store with good customer service, not due to regulations.

I have yet to see a store in the EU that will exchange a product after the standard 15 day period from purchase. After that the send the product in for an RMA, just the same as if you did it. So you still run the same risk of having a crappy RMA experience from Asus, you can just blame some retailer instead of the manufacturer.

Asus seems to like to contract the lowest price tech support on the market which makes the process slow and the chance of getting a defective product in return high.

/agree. Spent two months waiting on RMA for two video cards. They thought they could "upgrade" me to a single 6950 for my two 6870s without telling me.

That started a shot storm

I probably got one of your 6870's LOL. I sent an m4a88t-i in for rma and in return they send me a 6870. This actually worked out for the best, since I bought a replacement motherboard anyway.

They still haven't shipped the motherboard. It's still in initiated status. No idea what they're doing.
Anticipated ship date Nov 18, 2011

Estimated delivery Nov 28, 2011

Just to shed some light on the regular RMA process at ASUS, when we receive your board we test it to verify the reported problem. If we're unable to duplicate the problem then we will send the board back but usually we will contact the customer first and notify him/her that we're unable to duplicate the problem. Note, this process is for regular RMA and does not apply to any of our advanced replacement options. If the same board/product is sent back to you then you were issued a regular RMA and we weren't able to duplicate the problem.

Gensou, since the board was sent back to you initially, that means that we were unable to duplicate the problem. I'm not saying that your board doesn't have a problem as maybe a duplication procedure could've been followed more closely depending on the issue and depending on any duplication procedure provided by yourself and there could be other reasons that we couldn't duplicate the problem as well.

Regarding your recent Advanced Replacement RMA that was set up for you by Mark, a prepaid label was emailed to you by FedEx so you can send in your defective board. Once your defective board has been sent in then we can ship out your replacement.

If you would like me to look into why your board was returned to you from your previous RMA or if you have any questions about your current RMA, then please send me a PM and include your RMA number.

i feel like this is AA. Hi i'm Squ33zebox and I have an m4a79 deluxe and I have had all the exact same rma issues you people have had with ASUS, and far worse. hehe My board came defective, I've replaced "EVERYTHING" cpu, ram, psu, the OS and nothing has fixed it and asus keeps sending me to the wrong departments giving me the run around.. I believe intentionally trying to wait out the warranty period so they won't be bothered with having to fulfill the end of the warranty.

I consistently get hung up on by their reps when I call. I've been pursuing this warranty bullshit with them for more than 2 years now to no avail. Now I'm out of my warranty period and they are refusing to do anything about replacing my board, they just want to rma the board now which I refuse to accept (they couldn't fix a broken dildo) ...just got that e-mail today. I've consulted a lawyer friend of mine who's going to represent me free of charge ...we've been friends since high school so I get free representation for taking him to Mexico :p he informed me they breached their end of the warranty sending me to all the wrong repair centers over and over again until they were "out of my product model stock"

I don't know if it'll work but I just sent Asus a nice little letter telling them I'm going to file a lawsuit if they don't fully replace my board, don't know if they'll do anything but filing a lawsuit will at least convince them I'm dead serious. I've had it ...that's what my bro suggested I do, file a lawsuit (my employer lost thousands of dollars of irreplaceable, invaluable Geological data *TWICE* and it cost me my contract with them, basically 18 months of work down the drain). So regardless I'm going all out on this, this is the fourth computer I've had with an ASUS mobo in it that has failed me, I can't afford to keep replacing computers because their products are inferior. And i sure as hell can't keep loosing contracts. I'm also going make a video and post it on every social media site I can find in hope of exposing this BS ....anyone want to help or share their story of misery? Maybe together we can end this kind of bullshit :)

I had a MB and videocard failed from them back 10 years ago almost. Been with Gigabytes since and never had to RMA a board for failure (did a atleast 20 computers with their MB for friends and family..)

Motherboard is finally shipped. Should be here on the 29th. I will let you guys know its condition.

Yeah, when I dealt with them, i would get hunp up on, or they would ask for my name and then say no agents are available and then hang up.

I finally called the customer service line and finally got my RMA's going...

For being such a great product and big company... you would think they could atleast hire some people that know tech and a little customer service. I had someone tell me I had to update my ATI 6870's with the latest NVidea bios.... i was like... ATI, and not a motherboard. "oh.... its not?"

I saved this screenshot a while back when I was trying to help and couldn't get it over the phone.
Their online chat is even worse.
These "agents" would say "one sec" and leave and never come back. The sessions then ends itself.
Z2u5Y.jpg

(my employer lost thousands of dollars of irreplaceable, invaluable Geological data *TWICE* and it cost me my contract with them, basically 18 months of work down the drain)
WTF

I can see replacing computer parts being an annoyance and an expense but it sounds like people need to be fired for not putting in place a plan for backing up important data.

Back