ASUS RMA GTX 980ti STRIX I bought from ebay

Rvenger

2[H]4U
Thought I'd share a story that recently happened.

Bought a Refurb RMA replacement GTX 980ti from an Ebay seller that did not test the card apparently. Came here looking perfect and was dead out of the box, no display. Ebay seller wanted me to RMA to Asus.. I laughed and said sure pay for the shipping.

Received RMA approval from Asus. I was completely honest and told them it was someone else's RMA replacement card. Looks mint but doesn't work on any system, no display. They approve the RMA and I told them my concerns with Asus damaging cards and its painful RMA process overall. The rep informed me that she would make sure that my experience is exactly the opposite. So I sent my card in and a week later I receive a shipment notification that they are sending me a GTX 1070 Strix as a replacement.

I will report back once this card gets in my hands but I think Asus may be turning a new leaf on RMA service.

That's always good to hear. Thank you for providing feedback. I'm used to hearing not so great things about Asus rma's.

Last edited:
Well that is a hell lot better than my experience with Gigabyte.

Hell... they even at least responded to you! Also only a week turn around time?!

Wow that's great news! Hope the replacement card comes back intact and works as it should!

I read the title and was almost certain this was going to be another horror story...

IMG_0781.JPG

Could very well be the first non-horrible ASUS RMA story if you get a good card.

They turned around and shipped a new card within a week. The RMA arrived monday, so if I receive this card and it works then it would be LESS THAN A WEEK turnaround!

Could very well be the first non-horrible ASUS RMA story if you get a good card.

There are many successful RMAs through ASUS, no one posts about them... I RMA'd my 1080 ti a month ago and within a week got back a brand new 1080 ti from ASUS. Even made a thread about it.

The nature of forums is that you only hear complaints about RMA. Not success stories....

They turned around and shipped a new card within a week. The RMA arrived monday, so if I receive this card and it works then it would be LESS THAN A WEEK turnaround!
post picks and total money spent.....and it certainly makes buying asus rma cards more likely.....i usually stick with xfx because of quick rma service but asus usually has more interesting cards

Brand new in the box Strix 1070. Ebay reseller paid for return shipping. $400 for the 980ti strix which was on the high side but I had gift cards to spend.

Attachments

• IMG_20180331_141651567.jpg
    IMG_20180331_141651567.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180331_141644995.jpg
    IMG_20180331_141644995.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 0
To be fair, two of my friends including me had their cards sent back intentionally damaged by Asus back around 2012-2013.

Great news, maybe they are just sending out new cards now instead of used refurbished ones.

I just RMA'd my Strix 970 to asus and they sent me a super dirty/dusty replacement. At least it works I suppose...

Got the card in and its working. Had to make a prop rod out of a cut pencil covered in electrical tape due to the severe amount of sag this card has. This has to be the worst videocard sag I have ever seen.

Got the card in and its working. Had to make a prop rod out of a cut pencil covered in electrical tape due to the severe amount of sag this card has. This has to be the worst videocard sag I have ever seen.

Fuck the sag man, you somehow posted an ASUS success story....Do I dare buy an ASUS card next... hah just kidding ;)

The card undoubtedly works great. Boosted up to 2032 at stock. I just don't need this much power in my backup rig. I rather have a 980 or something because the i5 4570 will bottleneck the GPU in some situations.

The card undoubtedly works great. Boosted up to 2032 at stock. I just don't need this much power in my backup rig. I rather have a 980 or something because the i5 4570 will bottleneck the GPU in some situations.
More power is necessary! A CPU bottleneck is better than GPU! That is a great success story.

It's a nice card for sure. It's my VR rig so probably good to have the 1070.

Nice then yeah the extra horse power will be solid improvement. Those FPS count in VR.

I bought a Rampage Extreme V on eBay, and it was DoA (would light up, but no POST). eBay seller says since I 'modified' the board by updating the BIOS, he would dispute any returns. Went to Asus for RMA since it was still in warranty, and they RMA'ed it without incident (not overnight, but still pretty fast turnaround).

Maybe I should start buying ASUS stuffs again. I stopped getting their products after their painful RMA process back in 2013

Also, they overnight shipped the new card. It will be here tomorrow. How nice.

yea, they sure are nice LOL they do this for one or three people and we're supposed to think they have stellar Customer Service ... what a joke. People are so easily deceived ...

Back