ASUS Republic of Gamers Launches Three Z87 Gaming Motherboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers, or ROG, today announced a three-motherboard lineup devoted to users who demand the highest-grade gaming and overclocking motherboards in the industry. Featuring the Intel® Z87 chipset for 4th generation Core™ processors, the trio of ROG motherboards covers a wide audience of gamers and PC performance seekers.

All three motherboards provide customers with the advantages of ASUS and ROG research and design expertise. They build upon the finest board layout and circuitry, and ship with an upgraded ROG UEFI BIOS, which supports user-friendly yet deep modification of PC settings. As always, ROG goes beyond market conventions to give customers more. SSD Secure Erase is incorporated into ROG UEFI BIOS, ensuring hassle-free data removal and SSD performance restoration from within the BIOS without the need for third party software and therefore fewer compatibility issues.

How does the Hero differ from the Extreme when overclocking using modest watercooling components? From the specs it has less power connectors but is that just for the extra load of more PCI-E slots?

I've never really had more than 2 video cards at once so if I can save money getting the Hero then I sure as hell will.

How does the Hero differ from the Extreme when overclocking using modest watercooling components? From the specs it has less power connectors but is that just for the extra load of more PCI-E slots?

I've never really had more than 2 video cards at once so if I can save money getting the Hero then I sure as hell will.

would love to know this too...

now the question becomes when will they be available...

Kills me that Asus didn't have these boards ready to go for haswells launch because Im on the fence now about buying a different board just to play with my new cpu.

Bought the Hero online, but not from Newegg. Found it cheaper and supposedly in stock elsewhere. Google shopping search. This is new, because there weren't any for sale yesterday that I could find. Amazon has some listed in stock as well, but not from Amazon itself. But those listings are all crazy high prices.

This is good, because I was seriously tempted to order a different motherboard if the Amazon listed delivery date was how long I was going to have to wait.

I impulse bought the VI hero and after the fact found out you cannot run 3 video cards. I have no intentions of running tri fire or 3 way sli but does this rule out 3rd card for physx only? (Have 2 6950 and a Gt 440 for physx). I'll post here on Wednesday when board comes and share my results.

Back