ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Maximus VIII Z170 Series

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the Maximus VIII Hero, Maximus VIII Ranger, and Maximus VIII Gene: three new gaming motherboards based on the latest Intel® Z170 Express chipset and engineered with a plethora of exclusive ROG technologies to deliver the unrivalled performance of Intel’s 6th-generation Core™ processors and DDR4 memory. The new ROG motherboards provide the best gaming audio, gaming networking, and auto-overclocking performance, among other class-leading features. With refined design choices and premium components for maximum durability and stability, the Maximus VIII motherboards represent the perfection of function and form for gaming and enthusiasts alike.

I'll be honest, I think I prefer the white colour scheme of their non-ROG boards better.

Two options:

Z170I (pro gaming model)

M8 Impact (due later).

Do these have M.2 slots?

The Z170/Skylake reviews are giving me the upgrade itch for the first time since Sandy Bridge, and I'm really considering going Mini-ITX this time.

I'll be honest, I think I prefer the white colour scheme of their non-ROG boards better.

Me too. Looks like we're going to be disappointed with the itx options. I wasn't expecting a special "pro gaming" brand in the lower tier ASUS. Was hoping the black & white would apply to the entire line.

Back