ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Gladius Gaming Mouse

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers today announced the ROG Gladius optical wired gaming mouse. This highly-advanced mouse has been engineered for right-handed gamers who demand precision, ergonomic comfort, and a competitive advantage in first-person shooter (FPS) games. Designed with input from the world’s top gamers. We sought input from the world’s top pro gamers during initial design stages to get the right look and feel for the Gladius. Measuring 126 x 67 x 45mm and weighing just 116g, the Gladius has an ergonomically-designed chassis that perfectly fits all mouse grip types ranging from palm, claw, or fingertips; while tactile rubber side panels ensure a secure grip in the heat of battle. The Gladius also features a steel-grey finish with a special sweat-resistant coating that maintains a comfortable feel even during marathon gaming sessions. A total of six programmable buttons are available, with left and right buttons that are independent of the mouse chassis to ensure responsiveness. There are also two programmable slide-to-press side switches along with a scroll wheel with an Alps® encoder which provides a positive feel.

Your link goes straight to the homepage. I figured it'd be nice to post a link to the mouse's page in case anyone wanted to check it out.
ROG Gladius

It looks really nice and I'm definitely thinking about getting a new mouse soon. Might consider this one.

Your link goes straight to the homepage. I figured it'd be nice to post a link to the mouse's page in case anyone wanted to check it out.
ROG Gladius

It looks really nice and I'm definitely thinking about getting a new mouse soon. Might consider this one.

Thank you sir! I certainly appreciate it. :)

I still do not understand why the non braided cable is only 1m long. It makes no sense.

Wait, a piece of ROG kit that doesn't look like a Bayformer?

For real though, that's pretty slick looking, nice specs too

Looks great. I'm betting it uses the Pixart 3310 sensor which is the way to go. A little bit on the heavy side since I'm guessing that's the weight without the cord attached, but for many that would be a good thing. Asus has done a fine job from the looks of it!

It doesn't use the Pixart 3310 I am afraid; it uses the Avago 3988 (Razer Deathadder 4G and Chroma, Razer Krait 4G, ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical) . NVC, an old school FPS player, did a review for Scan Computers in which he said although the mouse is on the heavy side, the shape/grip somewhat compensates for it. He liked it.

Looks a whole lot like the Deathadder to me. Which was a decent mouse, but still.

Can't give up my G700 with all the buttonzzz.

I will say that the easy-remove switches are pretty cool in case they need replacing. Trying to replace the switches in a G700 is a huge PITA.

Now THIS looks like a mouse I can finally give up the MX518 for (mostly talking shape here, ie. don't fix what ain't broken). :p

For my taste it's possibly like 10-15g too heavy but the dimension and shape seems pretty spot on in all aspects for what I've been looking for going back n forth with various mice and summing up what I like and do not like about them. Seems very fine for fingertip users which MX518 works suprisingly well for despite being slightly bit on the large side. This is slightly bit smaller (which I think is great) but shares the much important backside shape which is like having a nicely sewn glove for your hand.

I think the specs on this look good on paper, I might pick one up and see how it is, I just hope the lighting can be turned off, I really don't like everything on my PC glowing like some people.

I like how they include a non-braided cable.

Yea me too, shame about 1 m though, I'd have thought 2 m had made more sense but I think 1 meter might just barely be enough for me. Also I'm glad the cable is fairly thin and therefore light giving a nicer feel and hinders less the movement. That's one thing I've disliked with the MX518, the thick, heavy cable.

I take glossy/slippery thin rubber cable anyday over a braided one, never been a huge fan of braided. The feeling to me is just better with such cable somehow due to the softness and lightness and if it were to rub the surface also provides a big deal less friction and wear.

Last edited:
Braided cables are a poor design choice in my opinion; the only benefit they have over rubber cables is their aesthetic, otherwise they are stiffer, prone to catching, retain dirt, not easy to clean and wear out much faster.

For those who are interested, I found NVC's review I was referring to higher up: ASUS ROG Gladius Review.

Back