ASUS Reinvigorates PC Gaming At ROG Unleashed

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS today reinvigorates PC gaming at the ROG Unleashed event in San Francisco that celebrates nearly a decade of ROG innovations. Launched officially in 2006, ASUS ROG is the world’s leading brand for innovative PC gaming hardware that delivers the ultimate computing experience for gamers and enthusiasts. ASUS Chairman Jonney Shih debuts a new arsenal of Republic of Gamers hardware that showcases its unrivaled engineering talent with several new products, including the liquid-cooled GX700 and all-new G752 notebooks, ROG Swift PG279Q and PG27AQ monitors, Maximus VIII series motherboards, G20CB desktop, and RT-AC88U router.

ROG systems and components are designed and engineered to the highest standards along with thorough feedback from the community of ROG fans and users. In addition to hosting the ROG Unleashed press conference, ASUS invited loyal fans to celebrate nearly a decade of ROG engineering excellence with early access to the latest systems and components before it goes on sale.

Product design heavily inspired by stealth fighter planes. it's a bit too much for my taste. The docking station is just weird and too big (probably speakers in it, but still...).

I liked the looks of most rog stuff but always stayed away because I could never justify the nearly 3x price increase. I will admit recently I got a crazy deal from a hardocp member and got the rampage v extreme with a 5930k. My God is it amazing. It's giving me results that absolutely tear a new asshole against my 4930k and 4790k.

Product design heavily inspired by stealth fighter planes. it's a bit too much for my taste. The docking station is just weird and too big (probably speakers in it, but still...).

try a watercooling system and an external GPU. Thats why its so big.

I don't know if it's because I'm an old fart, or what, but all the loud colors and bright lighting effects of the ROG line is bothering me more and more. I'll pay for a premium product with top of the line performance, but I don't want to pay extra for useless lighting, etc. that do nothing to improve performance.
At least they haven't gone as far as MSI with their marketing. Seriously, did MSI hire Dethklok to come up with crap like "Killer DoubleShot-X3 PRO" and "GODLIKE GAMING"?

try a watercooling system and an external GPU. Thats why its so big.

Actually I believe this one is just a water cooling system. The MSI one that was announced for their 13" laptop or whatever had the GPU in it.

Actually I believe this one is just a water cooling system. The MSI one that was announced for their 13" laptop or whatever had the GPU in it.

Yeah its just a watercooling setup. Still looks like it took a post Thanksgiving dinner dump in to a small diaper

I don't know if it's because I'm an old fart, or what, but all the loud colors and bright lighting effects of the ROG line is bothering me more and more. I'll pay for a premium product with top of the line performance, but I don't want to pay extra for useless lighting, etc. that do nothing to improve performance.
At least they haven't gone as far as MSI with their marketing. Seriously, did MSI hire Dethklok to come up with crap like "Killer DoubleShot-X3 PRO" and "GODLIKE GAMING"?

ROG effects can be turned off in the BIOS. MSI has a Dalek on their marketing team. Sorry. A Dalek IS their marketing team.

Back