Asus Rampage IV Black Edition

Well, after serving me well since a release day purchase she died :(

Where do you find a replacement?

On Ebay there are China ones but, I am not confident those are legitimate ASUS boards unless someone here has personal experience with them.

One from a private seller is up for $699 plus shipping. I just do not see that being logical move for myself.

Have not seen any in the marketplace threads here and other sites.

x79 platform (oc'ed of course), does everything I need currently. Plus, I really liked that board.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Monnie

Unfortunately those were not big sellers, I'd probably either go for an original RIVE or Formula. I liked my old Asrock and my MSI is good but they are both even rarer and expensive too.

Last edited:
I found a replacement rive on eBay for $400. The rive and the black are Very close and should be a bootable replacement

Thanks D-EJ915 and Mega6 for trying to help !

Would like to stay with the Black Edition, Found two but, they want to sell a MB, CPU,RAM combo. Still searching

Happy Thanksgiving
Monnie

Reactions: Mega6
like this
Thanks D-EJ915 and Mega6 for trying to help !

Would like to stay with the Black Edition, Found two but, they want to sell a MB, CPU,RAM combo. Still searching

Happy Thanksgiving
Monnie
Try and talk them out of the combo or sell the xtras?

Try and talk them out of the combo or sell the xtras?

Mega6, asking to break up the combo was the first thing I did when finding only combos

Guy/Gal #1 No, I do not want to break up the combo
Guy/Gal #2 Sent message if they are willing to just sell the board (quick response) Send me an offer. I offered $300 just for the board. No reply in 24hrs.

As far as selling the remaining components, even though I have been here since 2005, my post count is too low to use the "For sale / trade". More a reader than poster.

I detest selling on ebay.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Monnie

Reactions: Mega6
like this
Mega6, asking to break up the combo was the first thing I did when finding only combos

Guy/Gal #1 No, I do not want to break up the combo
Guy/Gal #2 Sent message if they are willing to just sell the board (quick response) Send me an offer. I offered $300 just for the board. No reply in 24hrs.

As far as selling the remaining components, even though I have been here since 2005, my post count is too low to use the "For sale / trade". More a reader than poster.

I detest selling on ebay.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Monnie
eBay works but I can understand you don’t want to deal with it. Good luck in finding a replacement.

guess its time to upgrade...

Great Idea Pendragon1 !

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore, i9-10980XE, 64gb G.skill 4200mhz CL16, just need your credit card number and three digit code on the back. Thanks man, you rock !! (y)

Happy Thanksgiving
Monnie

How about Rampage IV Gene (matx)?
Last time I checked they weren’t much cheaper because there wasn’t more than a couple of Matx boards for x79 and that one was the best.

You also don’t see the Big Bang x2s anymore.

Oh, I was going to go to the Z390 mobo and either sell it to help fund the upgrade or put it into my 12 year olds x58 system.

Back