ASUS Rampage III Extreme @ Newegg

Yep. So sign up for Auto Notify and grab it at the lowest price you will see for a couple of weeks or months.

It was listed available earlier today...and couple of hours later all sold out and set to auto notify.

It was listed available earlier today...and couple of hours later all sold out and set to auto notify.

Damn, I'd been checking around for this board on NewEgg and other sites for a week and just figured that it would be a while since its not even on Asus' product site, though they do have a downloads section for in on their support site. This and my missing in action 480 are the last pieces I needed, and a case, to do my Ferminator build.

I'm not ready to buy until tomorrow anywayz, but it good to know it's up for sale. I'll look out for other sites also.

About freaking time!

Did ASUS ever get a list of recommended memory up for this thing??

I'm saving my money for Sandy Bridge-E Q3 next year, but if it wasn't for that, i'd probably get this board. Definitely a great addition to Asus' X58 boards.

Bought my rig today! Rampage included! Finally!

If anyone is curious, specs below:

ASUS Rampage III Extreme
Intel I7 980X
6GB DDR3-2000mhz
3xGTX 480 TRI-SLI
X-Fi Bravura
256GB C300 SATA 6 SSD (main drive)
1TB secondary drive
2TB secondary drive
Win 7 Pro 64bit

ASUS Rampage III Extreme
Intel I7 980X
6GB DDR3-2000mhz
3xGTX 480 TRI-SLI
X-Fi Bravura
1TB secondary drive
2TB secondary drive
Win 7 Pro 64bit

Just curious what memory you went with? Been trying to find a recommended list for this board without much luck.

ASUS Rampage III Extreme
Intel I7 980X
6GB DDR3-2000mhz
3xGTX 480 TRI-SLI
X-Fi Bravura
1TB secondary drive
2TB secondary drive
Win 7 Pro 64bit

I hope you bought all of this stuff after clicking through [H]ardforum's newegg links! That'd be a very nice commission indeed.

Very very nice system btw.

ASUS Rampage III Extreme
Intel I7 980X
6GB DDR3-2000mhz
3xGTX 480 TRI-SLI
X-Fi Bravura
1TB secondary drive
2TB secondary drive
Win 7 Pro 64bit

Awesome build, great minds think alike, will be similar to my build, 3 480s and the Rampage III. Won't be doing an SSD on the main drive. Don't want anything smaller than a 1 TB drive for that and that size it still outside of my budget. And I'll be doing 12GB of RAM.

What case are you thinking about? I'm thinking about a Mountain Mod case. Big and boxy buy will be perfect for those hot 480s.

Just grabbed one from ewiz.. Don't forget to use IWANT30 to knock $30 off that listed price. Even with UPS ground it didn't top 350. In stock and ready to roll.

I called eWiz before ordering and they were very upfront and said they do not have them in stock and ready to ship yet. they expect them "soon" is what I was told.

be extra cautious with stores that say they are in stock and ready to ship!

I called eWiz before ordering and they were very upfront and said they do not have them in stock and ready to ship yet. they expect them "soon" is what I was told.

be extra cautious with stores that say they are in stock and ready to ship!

that's sneaky then as it mentions nothing about being OOS.

that's sneaky then as it mentions nothing about being OOS.

I called ASUS afterwards and they said no retailer should have them in stock yet.

who knows. You can call two people and get two different stories.

I'm going to wait and see some reports of people receiving theirs and go from there

Great Deal but call to see if they will honor your order or place it on back order.

well my status says :

2010-04-22 Order Processing
2010-04-22 Inventory Processing
2010-04-22 Order Processing

for what thats worth

AHH BULLSHIT THERE WE GO. OOS WITH NO DATE OF ARRIVAL.

Yeah, I would like to buy from them also, but if they don't have any in stock, I don't want to be placed on back-order.

I've gotta wait for NewEgg since I've got credit there to use and can't afford all the parts without it.

I'd like to see a [H] review of this thing as well!

Awesome build, great minds think alike, will be similar to my build, 3 480s and the Rampage III. Won't be doing an SSD on the main drive. Don't want anything smaller than a 1 TB drive for that and that size it still outside of my budget. And I'll be doing 12GB of RAM.

What case are you thinking about? I'm thinking about a Mountain Mod case. Big and boxy buy will be perfect for those hot 480s.

Silverstone Raven RV-01. I considered a higher GB amt for RAM but the more sticks you have the lower your CPU OC is going to be. I'm looking to hit 4.1-4.3 on the 980X hopefully, and anything over 6GB really isn't going to make a practical difference in gaming. I can certainly afford it, but I simply didn't see the point. I think 256GB is plenty for the boot drive. The 1TB will serve as general storage, and the 2TB will be my Steam drive (I have over 130 games on Steam, and I'm sure that will grow over the years!)

I just ordered a Cooler Master ATCS 840.... would the Rampage III fit in that case expansion slot wise? Sorry if this is a basic question but I thought I read somewhere that you need 8 slots for this board. I believe the ATCS has 7 slots.

If I do need 8 slots.... could I still potentially use the ATCS 840 but minus the last PCIe, which I won't use anyways. Thanks for any info!

I just ordered a Cooler Master ATCS 840.... would the Rampage III fit in that case expansion slot wise? Sorry if this is a basic question but I thought I read somewhere that you need 8 slots for this board. I believe the ATCS has 7 slots.

If I do need 8 slots.... could I still potentially use the ATCS 840 but minus the last PCIe, which I won't use anyways. Thanks for any info!

If you're not running 3x or 4x SLI it should be fine but this board looks to need an eight slot case in those circumstances.

Thanks for the quick response, heatlesssun! I've been eyeing your threads about your GTX480. I still haven't choosen which direction to go on my graphics card but I definetly won't go beyond 2 x 5870 or 1 GTX 480. If I were to one day go Tri-SLI or Tri-CF I would maybe consider a new case. For now though.... 2 graphics cards are all I need! Thanks again!

Looking like most reviwers are using the normally overpriced Dominators for memory. Maybe I'll see if I can find a deal on some to pair with this board.

Then all I need to decide on is to go with the spare H50 to cool the cpu or get an air cooler, and whether to go ATI or NVidia this time around.

The more I see of it, the more I like it. Should last quite a while with an OC'd 920.

Silverstone Raven RV-01. I considered a higher GB amt for RAM but the more sticks you have the lower your CPU OC is going to be. I'm looking to hit 4.1-4.3 on the 980X hopefully, and anything over 6GB really isn't going to make a practical difference in gaming. I can certainly afford it, but I simply didn't see the point. I think 256GB is plenty for the boot drive. The 1TB will serve as general storage, and the 2TB will be my Steam drive (I have over 130 games on Steam, and I'm sure that will grow over the years!)

At that range you wouldn't need to lower your CPU OC. I like keep the OS and apps on a single drive, just easier to deal with and I just can't deal with a main drive < 1TB. I really want a 1 TB SSD but that's ungodly exspensive, I do have to live with a budget still. Got about 100 games on Steam now.

You should really think about at least getting a 50gb SandForce drive and running your OS on it. You have such a powerful system and it's a shame you're bottlenecked by a mechanical hard drive.

Why not just put 7 on the SSD, and all your other shit on a larger storage drive? If you can afford an 980/3x 480's I think you could spend $200 on an SSD.

Will this support 4x SLI? Just mulling it a bit, wondering if this will handle 4x SLI 480 since it seems to have 4 PCEI x16 slots.

I think for a motherboard to support true x16/x16/x16/x16 it would need 2 NF200 chips on it which would pretty much make it melt from the heat.

Back