ASUS Rampage II X58 mATX ETA ...

Reviews be damned (and extremetech sucks - owned by ziff davis, fuck that shit), just get the stupid board out already.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting this board. I'm also glad I didn't jump on the DFI. I've got a brand new project that this board will find a home in...

craigbru, what case are you planning on using? :D

This one... :D

thumb.php

Steve posted a thread on the Mobo section on the board. [H] has received some pics of the board (though the ones from XFastest are plain gold http://www.xfastest.com/viewthread.php?tid=19208&extra=&page=1).
Thread @ http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033838382&posted=1#post1033838382
Link @ http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzgzNTIsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

ASUS sent along a handful of pictures of the ASUS Rampage II GENE X58 socket 1366 Core i7 motherboard for your viewing pleasure. We also have a complete list of specs and features to go with the pictures for those of you interested in what ASUS has packed onto this board. MRSP on the Rampage II GENE will be $259. Hit the link for all the info.

Figured I'd forward it here since we're the SFF Gang and hang out exclusively here, biotch! :D:D:D SFF power! We don't need to go to no other stinkin' section!

Figured I'd forward it here since we're the SFF Gang and hang out exclusively here, biotch! :D:D:D SFF power! We don't need to go to no other stinkin' section!

Haha! Anyone can build a full-size rig. I think I saw a monkey on Animal Planet building one...

Although, there is one other section worth a visit... Genmay!

I think tremeloes took the pictures for them in the front page.. hmmmmmmmm?...

Wow! and that CoolerMaster heatsink fits so dang well if only the v350 could have the PSU on the other side of the case...
I will be a 350 or 351 member too soon once i get to sell my portable AC..

Really?.. my bad..
\/\/\/

ya seriously man!
no one should be insult Tremeloes!
hez like god of modding! and hez my hero! hahah
but man! still no official release date for the board...
getting impatient now... :mad:

quick update on the R2G price in Vancouver, BC, Canada!
not really an update i guess, but so far both NCIX and Anitec are pricing it at $339.99 CAD
umm i hope i can get it for $320 CAD! since the tax here is insane!
but of coz the most important thing would be the release date!

lowteckh
of coz u r not alone! lol
i m looking at the ASUS board too because of the color...
thatz y i got the P5E-VM HDMI even tho the brown tracers are all over it making it brown...
but meh~ i m using the dominator and a XFX card just to get them all black PCB man hahah!

and yes he sure sings really good... and yes he sure looks scary to me lol

and 3/31!? my god! what am i gonna do in between? i guess mod the case b4 it arrives lol

Gigabyte might do it since iyz been making mATX intel board
but eVGA? the X58 is their first intel chipset board and when eVGA were making those nForce board, they never had a mATX version IIRC

Gigabyte might do it since iyz been making mATX intel board
but eVGA? the X58 is their first intel chipset board and when eVGA were making those nForce board, they never had a mATX version IIRC

evga did have a socket 939 SLI microatx board back in the day.

any company thinking of releasing x58 matx boards will be way late to the game, and in all humbleness, screw them. i'll support the board companies that take the initiative to be the 'firsts" instead of taking the easy way and sitting on the benches to "evaluate" the market. give us options from the get go, not half a year later.

I just ordered a Nehalem 920, 12 gigs of OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600, an EVGA GTX260 Core 216 55nm, to prep for when this board makes it to the Egg (I'm entertaining buying it elsewhere). I'm giving half-serious thoughts to water-cooling again if I can't hit 4.0 Ghz on air.

It's already available here in Sweden from reputable retailers. Price a bit high for my tastes though (2800 SEK more or less - remember 25% sales tax). Not long before it's acceptable...

I can't wait till this board is out, seems like the perfect solution for me paired with an Antec Mini P180 case.

I am not sure on the CPU cooler for the Core i7 920 ... I am thinking the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme-1366. Anyone have any ideas if that would work? I am not too big into overclocking but 4ghz is suppose to be pretty easy, would that be a bad idea with the small case?

Also looking for the board in Canada .. hopefully it won't be crazy over priced!

i think that with proper cooling 4 would be rather achievable. I personally own a mini p180 and if you add a 120mm fan in the front bottom spot it packs a freaking ton of airflow. I wouldnt hesitate to put a nice sli or crossfire system in that case.

Back