ASUS ProArt PA328Q 4K Monitor

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
via Engadget

ChGd5yu.jpg

Following ASUS' $799 28-inch 4K monitor from earlier this year, the Taiwanese tech giant has today unveiled yet another high-res display, but this time it's aimed at semi-professionals instead of mainstream users. The new ProArt Monitor PA328Q is a 32-inch, 16:9 3840 x 2160 monitor, and it boasts factory calibration with 10-bit color, 100-percent sRGB color gamut plus 350cd/m² brightness.

Source

This looks to be just a calibrated 31.5" IGZO. Wasn't impressed with that panels performance. Plus ultra-low PWM for the win..

"Following ASUS' $799 28-inch 4K monitor from earlier this year"?

following!? really? that's pretty bold language considering the 28" is still riding on a 6 month paper launch so far

or maybe they're implying you shouldn't get your hopes up for this one actually shipping either :rolleyes:

"Following ASUS' $799 28-inch 4K monitor from earlier this year"?

following!? really? that's pretty bold language considering the 28" is still riding on a 6 month paper launch so far

or maybe they're implying you shouldn't get your hopes up for this one actually shipping either :rolleyes:

I heard the 28" is shipping in 2 more weeks based on the other thread ;)

I heard the 28" is shipping in 2 more weeks based on the other thread ;)

Plus it's now shipping at $699. From the websites and Youtube videos, the release date for the 28" is June 10 on Amazon and NewEgg. I am surprise there hasn't been a pre-order page.

This will probably cost $3000 though. Maybe $2000 if lucky and if the PQ321 takes some more price drops.

This will probably cost $3000 though. Maybe $2000 if lucky and if the PQ321 takes some more price drops.

As mentioned in the article they are aiming for half the price of the PQ321 so it should be under $2000. That sounds pretty realistic since the PQ321 street price is already ~$2,400. Maybe they'll switch over to a non PWM backlight.

If you read the article carefully, they state the PA328Q is semi-professional compared to the current premium PQ321Q. And they claim it will be cheaper for professional's who don't have the budget for the PQ321Q.

Does that mean the PA328Q won't have matched, or won't have better image quality then the PQ321Q?

I believe this will use AHVA panel (IPS type). Earlier this year in Feb, AU Optronics was mentioned to produce M320QAN01.0 and M320QAN01.1 panels. First one started production in March and second one going to be in Q3. The description of first panels perfectly fits the description Asus put out. If I had to guess the price, it may be somewhere around $1500 to $1800. Almost half the price of more expensive PQ321Q. I was thinking about getting new BenQ 32 inch monitor but this news might delay my purchase.

I believe this will use AHVA panel (IPS type). Earlier this year in Feb, AU Optronics was mentioned to produce M320QAN01.0 and M320QAN01.1 panels. First one started production in March and second one going to be in Q3. The description of first panels perfectly fits the description Asus put out. If I had to guess the price, it may be somewhere around $1500 to $1800. Almost half the price of more expensive PQ321Q. I was thinking about getting new BenQ 32 inch monitor but this news might delay my purchase.

So is the predicted AHVA IPS panel used for this as good as the IGZO Sharp paneps used in the PQ321Q?

I also have delayed myself buying a 4k monitor after hearing this news, especially when I was considering buying the PQ321Q very soon.

Ah interesting, didn't know there were other 32" 4K panels being manufactured other than the Sharp. That bodes well for this possibly being a non-MST panel.

So is the predicted AHVA IPS panel used for this as good as the IGZO Sharp paneps used in the PQ321Q?

I also have delayed myself buying a 4k monitor after hearing this news, especially when I was considering buying the PQ321Q very soon.

Unless it has a polariser it'll be unusable just like any IPS/AHVA/IGZO over 30".:rolleyes:

Given that this may fall between $1500 and $2000, and the other ASUS 32-inch 4K monitor for professionals is $3000-plus when not on sale or discounted, I may go with the 28-inch ASUS I linked in the other thread. It's $699 and it's gotten a rather positive review from TechReport.

I'm not a graphics professional, and I'm not rich. We're still 2 to 4 years away from probably seeing an AHVA or IPS type 4K monitor with or without IGZO tech priced at $600 or $700. And, that's a long time in my eyes. DisplayPort 1.2a with Adaptive Sync 4K panels may not come out until later this year or next year, video cards still have not been built with HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.2a or DPI 1.3 yet either. So, it's again a long wait for those technologies to trickle down in both price and availability.

We'll likely not see HDMI 2.0 or DP1.3 in video cards until 2015 with more panels sporting the newer connection spec either until then.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the ASUS PQ321Q and the PQ321QE?

They are both on the ASUS website although I cannot find any differences?

Does anyone know what the difference is between the ASUS PQ321Q and the PQ321QE?

They are both on the ASUS website although I cannot find any differences?

Look closer! The QE has no HDMI ports. I think it's only sold in Europe or something as well.

I can't wait for more 4k panels to come out. The current 28 inch 4k TN panels are priced very competitively, which I like.....however I still feel 28 inch at 4k is still too small for day to day tasks. Ideally, I would love to see a 32 inch 4k TN panel. But if 4k TN panels are only exclusive on the 28 inch sector, then I guess I'll have to settle with this PA328Q.

Btw, Asus PC DIY says it will be IPS

http://pcdiy.asus.com/2014/06/4k-for-the-pros-pa328q-computex-2014/

the pq321 uses the exact same panel as the Dell, i.e. the sharp panel. And they are full of problem. There is nothing good about PQ321.

Dell is selling their 31.5" sharp panel at $2400, so PQ321 should have been $2400 to begin with.

The question is, will thy PA328Q has the same problem as the old Sharp panel

We'll likely not see HDMI 2.0 or DP1.3 in video cards until 2015 with more panels sporting the newer connection spec either until then.

the unit c/w HDMI 2.0 port, so we can put up w/ DP 1.2 for ?? months, and when newer video card come out w/ HDMI 2.0, you can then upgrade to a newer video card

http://pcdiy.asus.com/2014/06/4k-for-the-pros-pa328q-computex-2014/

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=210-ACBL

Now, is 10 bit color = 1.074 billion color, or 10.7 billion color?

is delta-E <2 any good compares to the sharp panel? And who really make this panel?

I'm interested in one of these if they are in the $1500 range, this or the Samsung UD970 that comes out in August. Can't believe Asus and Dell are still trying to sell pre-HDMI2.0 4K monitors in the $3k range...

dell did drop their price to $2400, but asus never did on their "2 panel sharp screen"

how do you compares pixel pitch in mm vs. pixel pitch in ppi?

but look, the PQ321Q is 0.182 mm

according to this,

http://www.endmemo.com/sconvert/dot_mmppi.php

0.182 mm is 4.6228 pixel/inch

but the PA328Q is 138 ppi

there is no way there is such a huge difference
You're entering the wrong type of information. Pixel pitch is the distance between two subpixels of the same colour in a hexagonal area. In this tool when you enter 0.182 you are saying there are 0.182 dots per mm, while the actual unit of measurement is the other way around (mm per dot).

To get a better calculation, divide 25.4 mm/in by 0.182 mm/pixel, which approximately equals 139.6 pixels per inch. 0.182 is most likely generously rounded down. 138 PPI would equal 0.184057971014492753623188 (repeating) mm/pixel.

so there is virtually no difference. So why on earth does Asus says

How does this compared to your PQ321?

They target two distinct market segments as IGZO technology features much smaller transistors than amorphous silicon, which allows for much smaller pixels and more detail for applications like gaming and video,

so there is virtually no difference. So why on earth does Asus says
Looks like a BS marketing answer to me. They could have very well been trying to obfuscate the true pixel density by deliberately confusing the term pixel pitch in that article linked by dukenuke88.

IGZO .. Sharp one simply was first and only one produced widely enough and somewhat cheaper priced (relative to 4K product pricing at time of release at 2012-2013). Asus simply jumped on me-too wagon with becoming one of those vendors selling rebranded oem Sharps. Later on they had some 4K displays of their own, but why compare now and then? Imho that's all there is behind having similar sized displays with different panel types, no extra conspiracy theories needed.

Looks like a BS marketing answer to me. They could have very well been trying to obfuscate the true pixel density by deliberately confusing the term pixel pitch in that article linked by dukenuke88.

I partly agree w/ you and w/ Church. I think this Pa328Q IS the replacement of that PQ321. They jump on the bandwagon to get some sales, knowing the PQ321 is 2 panel.

And now they finally have a proper panel, but to make things look good, they cook up that marketing BS, like you said.

Now, can some1 confirm the PA328Q is 1 panel, NOT 2 x 1920x2160?

If you can, please use SST or MST (single/multiple stream transport, that is), instead of 1 or 2 panels. Otherwise it sounds very misleading. They all have one panel. Only difference is specific of used driving circuit board that forms output from one or two inputs (even if those two are passed via one wire). There are for example Panasonic 4K TVs with DP MST & HDMI 2.0 SST inputs - you wouldn't call them 1.5 panel TVs, would you?

I'm not the only 1 who use that description, in fact, 1 of you started that terms in 1 of these 30" 4K thread

I'm not the only 1 who use that description, in fact, 1 of you started that terms in 1 of these 30" 4K thread
There's no need to keep repeating someone else's mistakes. The fact is that all of these devices have one panel and one panel only.

So will the pa328q have better IQ than the pq321q? If so will the price be higher?

What is the contrast ratio of this monitor? I can only find the 'dynamic' contrast of 100.000.000 to 1.

Back