asus Prime B450-plus on a Ryzen 5 3600X

p05ta1

Limp Gawd
I am sure you guessed I am stuck.
Got the system together and everything turn on but no signal and no bios.
Looks like I am in waiting for a boot recovery kit form AMD.
I submitted for a ticket on 4/4 will see how long it will take.

anyone know how long this will take ?

is that due to the BIOS not up to date for the 3600X?

yes , my dads old pc was a intel i3.
so he bought that since the motherboard came with 16 ddr 4 ram deal on amazon.
Those all need a bios to see that cpu.

ticket got moved to next level. I had to submit receipt and pictures of cpu and mainboard.
4/6 I emailed them all info .

YD200GC6FBBOX was shipped on 4/7.
still waiting on FedeX to deliver it.
AMD was very quick on this action for me, only thing that bugs me so far is they ship it but no tracking info is in email so I have to keep guessing when it will show up.
This Cova19 stuff is really screwing up my amazon orders.

well got amd bootkit. installed no issues, booted into bios and flashed to latest bios.
rebooted into bios and checked all setting. everything was seen in bios so i was good, turned off and swapped in the 3600X.

Reboot i got just fans and no fan on his RTX2060. Hard reset i get just fans.
Looks like the corsair 550watt refurb power supply is not cutting it. it must be just enought to power the Athalon am4 boot kit but as soon as i drop the 3600x in it goes over the top.
I got a 750 watt NEW Corsair CX series on way.

Finally got it all built out!
Found out the EVGA RTX2060 is crap!
yep, i still get no boot with the evga rtx 2060 after Bios flash, new power supply.
But i toss in a GTX 970 or MY RTX 2070 thing boot fine and windows is activatied,
guess i can move this now to EVGA warranty issue.

At least you know what you have to do to get it working. Glad you got the board/CPU sorted out.

Evga was great, called them on phone and explained issue with RTX2060 card and new build.
They did ask a few questions i did explain again, I know they are trying to cover all bases.
Mailed bad card saturday priority mail and when they get new one is on way!

Closing out this post.
The PC is awesome!
Evga RTX 2060
amd Ryzen 3600X
asus b450 plus
corsair 750 watt ps
corsair temper glass case.
IMG_20200509_123033.jpg
IMG_20200509_212201.jpg

Good things come to those that wait they say ... congrats!
I run the ASUS B350 Prime in my wife's rig with a 3400g and 4 x 8GB 3200mhz .. It's been super stable and using the built in Vega graphics in the 3400g, I'm utilizing all 3 video out's to run 3 monitors without issue.

If only my CPU upgrade went as smooth as yours, lol. Congrats on a nice system and seems you guys are enjoying (was this for you or your dad?)

was a dad build.
mine just got b550 plus tuff and ryzen 7 3700x
Nice, I just built my son a B550 + 3700x to replace his 6600k... so I figured I'd get myself a 3700x to upgrade my old 1600 in my B450... still can't get it running :(. But his 3700x runs great, and my 3700x CPU runs great on his MB too, it just doesn't like my MB for one reason or another.

did you update firmware on your old setup 1st ?
b450 for sure needed newest bios for the x chips.

did you update firmware on your old setup 1st ?
b450 for sure needed newest bios for the x chips.
Not sure who this is directed at, but seeing as OP needed a boot kit, I don't think it was possible. If you were talking to me, I had a bios with 3000 series support when I bought the MB and I tried a newer bios after it didn't work the first time. Ended up sending MB in for RMA after a lot of parts testing.

ok , i had to get bootkit for my dads build. to get his to see the x model.
But after the bootkit let me boot the pc up.
but as soon i swap the cpu the pc was dead.
some reason the rtx2060 evga card died.
For all i know my dad was using onboard video all along, xmas video card upgrade i got him.
i swap that card RMA then all work !
;)

ok , i had to get bootkit for my dads build. to get his to see the x model.
But after the bootkit let me boot the pc up.
but as soon i swap the cpu the pc was dead.
some reason the rtx2060 evga card died.
For all i know my dad was using onboard video all along, xmas video card upgrade i got him.
i swap that card RMA then all work !
;)
Yeah, like I said, my rig is 100% stable with the 1600... Kinda proves everything is working (GPU, PSU, etc). Weird thing is the MB came from the factory with zen2 support (has the decal on the box saying ryzen 3000 ready), but it didn't work. Updated bios to latest, still nothing. Really makes zero sense to me besides a bios bug/issue, because all hardware is known good.

Back