Asus PQ321Q Firmware update

Sufu

[H]ard|Gawd
I managed to get a hold of the firmware update from Asus. No more cold boot bug or black screen during post! But under MST mode, the post screen is limited to the left half of the monitor, which is a little weird looking. But overall much better than having no screen during POST.

Hi. I also have a PQ321Q monitor. Where can I get the firmware update? It's not listed on asus website, and I have problems logging in to their forums. I have problems with black screen/cold boot in MST mode too

That sounds awesome. I'm glad they got those issues under wraps. Now if only they could do a price drop.

I managed to get a hold of the firmware update from Asus. No more cold boot bug or black screen during post! But under MST mode, the post screen is limited to the left half of the monitor, which is a little weird looking. But overall much better than having no screen during POST.

Hi Sufu,

Do you still have a firmware update file for ASUS PQ321? If so, can you share the firmware? Thanks.

Hi Sufu,

Do you still have a firmware update file for ASUS PQ321? If so, can you share the firmware? Thanks.

Sorry bud I don't have it anymore. You probably need to open a case with Asus. I don't even have the monitor anymore.

Sorry bud I don't have it anymore. You probably need to open a case with Asus. I don't even have the monitor anymore.
Asus tech support replied : we don't give firmware's to our customers, only our repair centers can update monitors. Price is $80+tax+shipping. Ridiculous !

Asus tech support replied : we don't give firmware's to our customers, only our repair centers can update monitors. Price is $80+tax+shipping. Ridiculous !

This is a lie, because I also own this monitor and they distributed the firmware update via email. I spoke with cl-celeste but that was almost 6 years ago, her email was that name at asus.com as you might expect. Don't know if she works there still.

Regardless, since I sensibly keep ALL email throughout my entire life, here is the firmware that I was given and it does prevent the MST blank boot issue.

Below are the flashing instructions quoted directly from celeste.

Here's the instructions:

1. Extract the zip file PQ321Q_new_firmware(Main1.020-Sub1.05).zip (see attached file).

2. Copy all files to an empty USB flash drive that is formatted FAT32 (please make sure no other files are inside the USB flash drive).

3. With your PQ321Q connected to a PC (using HDMI or DisplayPort), power on your PQ321Q and boot up your PC (Do not let the PQ321Q enter standby mode for the update).

4. Insert your USB flash drive into the PQ321Q USB port located near the input/output port.

5. The PQ321Q will automatically update the firmware by itself (Do not power off during firmware update process and don�t disconnect USB memory while updating firmware) The firmware update process take about 1~3 minutes.

6. You can verify the new firmware revision in the PQ321Q service menu by simultaneously pressing Menu Enter + Input Return for 5 seconds or more.

Good luck and don't brick your display :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sufu
like this
Back