ASUS Policy on Cougar Point based MBs? (Intel Recall)

asusb3steppingdhfx57.jpg

I have 4 drives in a raid 0 on this board. If I RMA it I am afraid what will happen to my windows installation, I'm on my last activation for my key in windows 7. Any suggestions on what to do?

Something tells me the new boards will have all the same issues we have now but with working intel sata ports. I may just jump ship to Gigabyte once the boards start shipping again, is resuming from sleep OK on the other brands?

Its an intel issue, not an asus issue. All SB boards have the same issue with sleep regardless of the OEM. Supposedly Intel is working on a solution.

Well that sucks. My other issue being my Asus brand wireless N card doesn't work and makes my system generally unusable when trying to connect to networks it drops from constantly :)

yeah, im not too happy about my system burning 90 watts when im not using it. id like to tuck it in and say night night...

I have 4 drives in a raid 0 on this board. If I RMA it I am afraid what will happen to my windows installation, I'm on my last activation for my key in windows 7. Any suggestions on what to do?

Use Acronis Home to back up the drives. May want to use the plus pack add on. Also make a bootable Acronis USB key to restore the data...

Really good of Asus to go the extra mile and label all of their products clearly (and in multiple places) before some shitty distributors start pushing old boards back into the retail chain. I dislike Asus for a variety of reasons however them taking control of this situation is starting to suck me back in.

why use acronis instead of the windows backup?

MS Backup sucks fn balls cause it can't backup open files (I learned the hardway), and can't make a nice image of your system like Acronis or Norton Ghost for that matter. Don't use MS Backup!

MS Backup sucks fn balls cause it can't backup open files (I learned the hardway), and can't make a nice image of your system like Acronis or Norton Ghost for that matter. Don't use MS Backup!

im not sure i understand this. MS Backup uses shadow services, of course it can backup open files. Thats the whole point of shadow copy. Ive backed up and restored multiple times.

im not sure i understand this. MS Backup uses shadow services, of course it can backup open files. Thats the whole point of shadow copy. Ive backed up and restored multiple times.

I can confirm, windows backup let you install images without the needs to install the os previously. we are ot but stop bashing windows backup :D

The Windows Image backup in Win 7 is terrific. If you haven't tried it you don't know what your missing. I've used it to migrate from a WD Raptor to a Solid State drive. I managed to enable TRIM, switch from IDE to AHCI Sata control and switch hard drives without having to reinstall the OS. I did all of that in less than 30 minutes. The ability to reload the os image with only the windows 7 dvd is very convenient.

This guide is excellent for those of you moving to SSD and don't want to reinstall everything:
http://sonic-media.dk/?p=103

The Windows Image backup in Win 7 is terrific. If you haven't tried it you don't know what your missing. I've used it to migrate from a WD Raptor to a Solid State drive. I managed to enable TRIM, switch from IDE to AHCI Sata control and switch hard drives without having to reinstall the OS. I did all of that in less than 30 minutes. The ability to reload the os image with only the windows 7 dvd is very convenient.

This guide is excellent for those of you moving to SSD and don't want to reinstall everything:
http://sonic-media.dk/?p=103

cool. I'm going to wait for the Z68 boards to come out. I was going to buy a P67 board the day that the news came out. :)

Back