Asus PG27UQX refresh of PG27UQ/Acer X27

Fuck this ill designed product. It's too small.

It should have been 31.5".

Update: Oh god, and it still has the fucking FAN on it. What a piece of crap.

Wrong. 27" rocks! The quiet fan is for the gsync module.

Works just fine for me. Fine with a 27'' as well. The fan is silent in a normal temperature room.

Yup huge fail, this should be at minimum 32" at that resolution but we both know regardless they will charge an arm and leg for the mini led BS. What's even the point of local dimming at 27", how many people would watch movies over a 50+" TV on a monitor? In games the local dimming will have minimal impact since not many games have extended dark scenes or employ hdr.

I recently picked up an LG 32" 1440p 144Hz VA panel monitor that has freesync 2 for $299. Its got fantastic picture quality and performance and it didn't cost a ton of money.

Yup huge fail, this should be at minimum 32" at that resolution but we both know regardless they will charge an arm and leg for the mini led BS. What's even the point of local dimming at 27", how many people would watch movies over a 50+" TV on a monitor? In games the local dimming will have minimal impact since not many games have extended dark scenes or employ hdr.

I recently picked up an LG 32" 1440p 144Hz VA panel monitor that has freesync 2 for $299. Its got fantastic picture quality and performance and it didn't cost a ton of money.

Pretty much every AAA title that has come out in the past year or so, and moving forward has HDR support. The local dimming makes a huge difference. AC Odyssey on the X27 looks amazing.

I wonder if ASUS will offer a step up program... Probably not, but here's hoping.

Back