Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 1440p/144Hz Monitor - $574.04

great price, i absolutely love mine. going from a 60hz PLS to this 144hz g-sync TN is the best gaming upgrade i've ever done.

Nothing wrong with TD, but be careful, they don't tell you if items are drop-shipped or not until you wait a month after your order for it to arrive.

Price match @ Frys locally :D

I want to grab one, but I just picked up a 2420z so that should hold me over for a bit till I do a complete upgrade.

Almost want to jump on one of these, but I don't think I can go back to a TN panel.

what are you using now? i went from an ASUS PB278Q PLS to this. for me the benefits far outweigh the trade-offs, from a gaming/general-use point of view.

I want it but I'm in trouble with Amazon for returning stuff so I can't risk buying this from them

Great price, thoroughly enjoyed mine for the last year as well. They are most likely clearing out excess supply in the channel and also setting the new price point for the TN version ahead of the launch of the IPS version PG279Q which is expected to launch in the next few months.

ASUS is coming out with a 165hz swift would really like to try one of these just to get away from 1080P.
The early models for the first few months sucked lots of problems with the new IPS with Freesync some guy on Amazon went though like 8 of them but it might just be him.

I'm not sure if they fixed all of the QC issues with these or not, but I've had mine for almost 2 months now with no problems. I really like it compared to the cheap no-brand 1080p 60hz monitor that I came from. Night and day difference for sure on some of the more competitive games I played.

Absolutely love mine. A true 8-bit color panel in a TN and the first to do 144 Hz at 2560x1440. G-sync has me so spoiled now that I immediately notice when I forget to turn it back on after using ULMB on the desktop. I'll never go back to a static refresh panel.
I'm not sure if they fixed all of the QC issues with these or not, but I've had mine for almost 2 months now with no problems. I really like it compared to the cheap no-brand 1080p 60hz monitor that I came from. Night and day difference for sure on some of the more competitive games I played.
I've had mine since November last year, with a manufacture date in October, and I've had zero issues. I'd say that the issues early runs had were fixed pretty quickly and have been fixed for a long time.

As far as single monitors go the Swift is a good one. Although coming from 30" monitors I thought it was a bit small. In multi-monitor arrays they are pretty awful thanks though their viewing angles.

Would jump on one of these if I had the cash lying around.

At the same time though, I'll wait for someone to decide to release a glossy version of a G-Sync/FreeSync monitor.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I want it but I'm in trouble with Amazon for returning stuff so I can't risk buying this from them

lol. Amazon finally had enough of you abusing returns and "renting" gear for free eh. I've heard that can happen.

This is a great screen. I use an IPS at work and its nice but I really don't mind the Swift for things other than gaming at all. I'm not video/photo editing though, so I guess I'm not as picky. I paid 800 just a few months ago fully knowing they were coming out with an IPS variant

Ordered from tigerdirect...I added it to cart and was just browsing on a different tab and the $50 coupon came up so it came to $514.17 with shipping and I activated the 10% cash back deal with my boa card so total comes to around $462...hard to resist, I know the ips model is coming soon but that is going to be almost double the price.

Wow. Thanks OP
Had one coming today from the same peeps Amazon LLC and called customer service.
Got 75.76 back on the old plastic.... Zipiddy DoDah..

Damn, that's a good price. I can't decide if I want to ditch my U3011 and the 16:10 goodness it gives me for that sweet, sweet 144hz. Also, it'd be a big switch from IPS to TN. Maybe I'll wait for that newer model you guys were talking about?

Absolutely love mine. A true 8-bit color panel in a TN and the first to do 144 Hz at 2560x1440. G-sync has me so spoiled now that I immediately notice when I forget to turn it back on after using ULMB on the desktop. I'll never go back to a static refresh panel.
I've had mine since November last year, with a manufacture date in October, and I've had zero issues. I'd say that the issues early runs had were fixed pretty quickly and have been fixed for a long time.
Yeah mine is a launch panel from August, I got super lucky and got one of the first batches on Newegg that lasted about 10 mins, after that it was camping nowinstock and gone for 2-3 mins per batch lol. But yeah no problems with mine, hard to gauge if the problems were overstated, some people had the worst luck, but my brother did get one and it died on him. He's now waiting for the IPS version.

Damn, that's a good price. I can't decide if I want to ditch my U3011 and the 16:10 goodness it gives me for that sweet, sweet 144hz. Also, it'd be a big switch from IPS to TN. Maybe I'll wait for that newer model you guys were talking about?
Well you don't have to "ditch it" that U3011 still an amazing desktop/productivity display. :) Go multi-mon or stadium mode, I still have my companion U2410s to complement my Swift.

Hmm wonder if we'll see this any lower on BF? I think I can wait it out.

I would wait. 165hz with an IPS panel for the new one. Will be out around mid to late October. ^_^....If it doesn't get delayed like the 34 inch ultrawide version did =*(.

Planning to pick up the new PG279Q when it hits in october ^_^.

Why not have the best of both worlds? IPS + 144Hz

Btw, does ANYONE know anything about this Qnix 144Hz panel for $175?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-QNIX-QX...-PC-Monitor-/141715022921?hash=item20fedfa449

For $175, thats a total steal.

I love my BenQ 144Hz.

If you play any FPS games, its the best thing you can do for your gaming experience, hands down, bar none.

FPS to 60Hz by your monitor really makes for a laggy feel once you see it on a 144Hz monitor.

The way I have my setup is this < Asus IPS > < BenQ 144Hz > < Asus IPS >. I use the side monitors for image quality stuff. My BenQ sits middle for the gaming experience.

This monitor is available @ Newegg with a Pixel Perfect guarantee instead of the dead pixels you'll liable to get from Ebay one (it says so in the ad)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back