Asus PA248Q 24" monitor for $260 after MIR

wtburnette

2[H]4U
Amazon has it at this price right now:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008DWH00K/?tag=thaiswor-20

After the MIR, that's about $100 off what it had been selling at for the last few months. It's a 1920x1200 IPS monitor with a built in USB 3.0 hub. If I hadn't just bought a Dell U2412M recently, I'd pick one up myself.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow. I might bite on this.

I wonder how this compares to the U2412M though. ;)

I ordered one earlier today from Amazon. Was really tempted to try the ebay Korean 27" monitors but for the money I jumped on this. Best monitor I have is a 22" TN 1080p Acer, so this should be much better!!

Is there a better deal than this for a general-use, all-around monitor, or should I tell my wife how it is and order one of these babies? I currently have a shitty 22" 1080p TN monitor...

The great thing about this monitor, like the Dell U2412M, is that they are IPS screens, have built in USB hubs (USB 3.0 on the Asus) and they have adjustable height stands, which I think every monitor should have. I also wouldn't buy a 24" monitor that wasn't 1200p, but that's me... ;)

With any monitor you take a chance. Manufacturers seem to have a lot of quality control issues. Sometimes you'll get bad backlight bleed, sometimes you'll get dead pixels, etc. The good thing about buying from Amazon is that they have a fantastic return policy. Even if you decide to go with a 1080p TN panel, either buy it local or use Amazon, for the great return policy. I'd hate to get stuck with a monitor that has issues myself.

How does this compare to the NEC? Is this equal to the Dell ultra sharp 24 inch? I guess noone is really interested in this monitor which means its not such a great deal lol

Last edited:
Back