ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe in stock @ Newegg

Considering all of the features and capabilities, a $199 price tag isn't bad. Glad to see that it came in under $200 as I consider that an important price point.

Right after my Z77E-ITX shipped. Damn. I wonder if I should just send it back unopened.

Right after my Z77E-ITX shipped. Damn. I wonder if I should just send it back unopened.

Order the Asus and refuse shipping on the Asrock. I bought the Asus and plan to see how each does with my incoming 3570k

Edit: If anyone gets theirs before Friday, please let me know how long it takes to cold boot. I'm hoping it's comparable to the Asrock's 15 seconds.

Last edited:
Order the Asus and refuse shipping on the Asrock. I bought the Asus and plan to see how each does with my incoming 3570k

Edit: If anyone gets theirs before Friday, please let me know how long it takes to cold boot. I'm hoping it's comparable to the Asrock's 15 seconds.

Wish I had your funds to put into this stuff :p Looking forward to your results!

I don't think I can refuse shipment, since I'm having the Asrock delivered to work, and I won't be the actual person receiving the shipment.

I don't think I can refuse shipment, since I'm having the Asrock delivered to work, and I won't be the actual person receiving the shipment.

Make a free UPS my choice account, attache the tracking number to your account and refuse/cancel it online.

It could be that I'm just being a derp, but I'm having trouble adding my work address to UPS My Choice for being a commercial address =\

I've never done it with a commercial address, but I figured it'd work. Maybe chat up Newegg and see if they can intercept it?

PS Swype is difficult to use when you've been drinking lol

Haha, it's alright. I don't think I can justify the 33% extra that Asus is charging. But it's good to know about UPS My Choice. I usually just order stuff from Amazon and ship it to work, since I'm in CA, have Prime, and Fedex tends to have trouble with delivering to my home for some unknown reason.

$50 premium over the ASRock Z77E-ITX seems kinda crazy when it overclocks so well so easily. I supposed if you have a larger size case the Asus would be worth it, but then you might as well go mATX. But I'll keep my eye on this thread and see how it does.

edit: looks like they both do include wifi cards :p
asrock uses Broadcom BCM57781
asus uses Intel 82579V

anyways, i just ordered mine :)

true about the price, but you have to consider that extra $50 also includes a wifi card and bluetooth. i dont think the asrock one has that (must buy it separately)

anyways, i just ordered mine :)

While I agree that $199.99 for the Asus isn't bad, I still feel Asrock is offering the better deal. It has 15 second cold boot starts, manual overclocking is very easy, and I've seen people running them @ 4.8Ghz witrhout any problems. I'm going to test both boards with a 3570k over the weekend and I'll report back. Also, the Asrock comes with a wifi card & MSata on the back of the board and who cares about Bluetooth. Lastly, Regardless of which board I keep, the wifi is going to be replaced with an Intel 6300.

Last edited:
well a lot of your reasons are just personal preferences. for me i plan on using a ps3 controller, so i'd have had to buy a bluetooth module regardless

So I started looking through the manual and saw this. I don't know what chip was in the board when they took these screenshots, but it looks scary to me lol
Edit: That's with the CPU voltage @ 0.832V :eek:

asusz77.jpg

Last edited:
If it turns out Asus managed to fix the PLL Overvoltage -> broken wake from sleep issue then I might consider replacing the ASRock. I can get up to 4.8 (maybe higher) no problem, but I have to stay at 4.6 if I want working sleep.

Does this support 3 monitors on DVI/DisplayPort/HDMI simultaneously?

What Chip are people planning to run with this? I'm still on an E8400 so I have a lot of room to upgrade, any suggestions? Spent quite a bit of money on an ITX case and have been waiting for this board to come out for a while.

What Chip are people planning to run with this? I'm still on an E8400 so I have a lot of room to upgrade, any suggestions? Spent quite a bit of money on an ITX case and have been waiting for this board to come out for a while.

it would be a waste to put anything less than an ivy bridge in here

Glad to see it out. Now lets get them reviews going! :)

As long as Microcenter ships my i7-3770k I'll be putting that in there.

I have an Abee T20r waiting for this board as well (I believe I've seen you post that this is the case you have as well).

Wow, so I just called Asus and they said it only supports a single monitor on the IGP...

I'm assuming this is wrong.

This is from intel's site:

Starting with the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500, three displays support may be possible depending on your computer's configuration. Check with your computer manufacturer if three displays are supported on your computer and which display combinations are supported.

As long as Microcenter ships my i7-3770k I'll be putting that in there.

I have an Abee T20r waiting for this board as well (I believe I've seen you post that this is the case you have as well).

Yes Sir! :D

I'm excited to hear other users feedback with this board as well!

Guess I better get reading the Ivy Bridge [H] review. I'm quite behind with the times. :(

just wait it out apparently sandy bridge like the 2500K is still the king if you're overclocking BUT in a couple months and a chip revision everything can quickly change.

Purely from price the asrock would be more likely to get my cash because how much the people here love it I cant justify spending $200 on a mobo that doesn't actually add that much. I'm personally still using an I7-860 on a mATX Intel made mobo. RAM slots and SATA slots are the main thing. USB3 and other stuff isn't that high on my priority list. Internal drives on a gigabit LAN is where its at.

When it comes back in stock, use code mtmk99 on neweggbusiness to take 15% off. You can use this on the Asrock to get it for $135 shipped.

I don't know if it'll get back in stock in time, but it would be $170+shipping.

Anyone know what ASUS suggested for the price(MSRP)? Because if they suggested lower then NE may be listing it higher until demand & supply balance out. NE does have a habit of price gouging when something new and hot comes out. Not saying they are this time but you know what I mean. :D

i5-3570K

Core i7 3770 undervolted to reduce heat. I wanted to use the 3770S but my local Microcenter does not stock it. I've had good success undervolting a laptop AMD Brazos APU to extend battery life, which is my incentive to try undervolting the 3770.

BTW the label on the 3770 box states TDP 95W, not 77W.

Core i7 3770 undervolted to reduce heat. I wanted to use the 3770S but my local Microcenter does not stock it. I've had good success undervolting a laptop AMD Brazos APU to extend battery life, which is my incentive to try undervolting the 3770.

BTW the label on the 3770 box states TDP 95W, not 77W.
NewEgg has the S, retail never carries "specialty" parts like that.

If anyone could test triple monitor with this board for me that would be awesome!

Haha, it's alright. I don't think I can justify the 33% extra that Asus is charging. But it's good to know about UPS My Choice. I usually just order stuff from Amazon and ship it to work, since I'm in CA, have Prime, and Fedex tends to have trouble with delivering to my home for some unknown reason.

Intel NIC, Integrated Wireless, and extra juice in the PWM dept. I feel that's worth the $50 premium over the Asrock. Though, if this board was more than $200 I'd of probably still went with the Asrock.

Intel NIC, Integrated Wireless, and extra juice in the PWM dept. I feel that's worth the $50 premium over the Asrock. Though, if this board was more than $200 I'd of probably still went with the Asrock.

Both boards have wifi, and whichever one I decide to keep will have its wifi module replaced with an Intel 6300.

Back