ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Bluetooth Range Sucks!

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
Where exactly is the Bluetooth transmitter on this motherboard? Is it the tiny blue dongle on the backplane with the Blue LED? Or is it on the motherboard and therefore can't transmit because it's trapped inside the PC case?

I've read a few forum posts elsewhere about this issue and the range on this thing is terrible, any more than 2-3 feet away and headsets, headphones, and mice start cutting in and out and chopping and everything. Right now I look absolutely ridiculous because I am sitting right next to the case but it's on the floor and I am typing with my head tilted to the side because that extra inch lets my music play smoothly.

Is there any way to boost the power of the integrated Bluetooth or is it just a joke and I should buy another Bluetooth solution?

Looks like we just have crappy bluetooth then. Glad I never use mine.

Is the bluetooth adapter just a simple USB solution? Then try to put it in a front USB port instead.

Not a simple USB solution. But you can buy one for anywhere between $5 and $20.

Where exactly is the Bluetooth transmitter on this motherboard? Is it the tiny blue dongle on the backplane with the Blue LED? Or is it on the motherboard and therefore can't transmit because it's trapped inside the PC case?

I've read a few forum posts elsewhere about this issue and the range on this thing is terrible, any more than 2-3 feet away and headsets, headphones, and mice start cutting in and out and chopping and everything. Right now I look absolutely ridiculous because I am sitting right next to the case but it's on the floor and I am typing with my head tilted to the side because that extra inch lets my music play smoothly.

Is there any way to boost the power of the integrated Bluetooth or is it just a joke and I should buy another Bluetooth solution?

bluetooth always seems to be done poorly on motherboards same with mobo's that include wireless attachments. better to go aftermarket for these items with companies who specialize in them.

Back