Asus P8P67 Realtek LAN issues.

For the life of me I cannot understand why the onboard Realtek LAN on my new Asus P8P67 motherboard randomly disconnects itself from functioning in tandem with my router. At random times, sometimes multiple times a day my internet will cut out and I will notice the activity light on my ADSL modem no longer lights up and flickers like it should when the port is working as it should. The only way to make this stop is to reboot the system and/or the router until all is well again. I am on the latest bios for my board as well as downloaded later upgraded drivers for the Realtek NIC to no avail. It isn't completely unusable but certainly isn't 100% rock solid and reliable like all my previous boards were that contained Marvel or Intel NICS.

Does anyone have any idea why the onboard Realtek NIC keeps dropping off my system, disconnecting my internet etc? Very annoying to say the least and I would like to see this solved. I am using a Linksys WRT54GL router with Tomato 1.28 firmware.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues with their Onboard NIC in their systems?

Thanks for reading, hope to hear back from anyone who has anything to say on this matter.

Sorry i don't have much to contribute but I've read about it from time to time with onboard Realtek nics over the years, don't recall anyone ever solving the problem except by exchanging the motherboard or adding in a discrete network card.

Happened to me a few years ago, none of the settings or newer drivers seemed to fix it, i ended up adding in a card that i still use to this day.

Supposedly a semi-common defect with onboard lan, new and right out of the box.

I'd still prowl around for MFR issued drivers, patches/fixes before totally giving up though, and good luck either way.

Thanks for the reply. The news does not sound good however. I can't believe in this day and age a brand new revision of the onboard LAN is still causing issues that you mentioned you have read about in past years. Very disheartening. Unfortunately I have zero free slots to add in a card. I have a PCIe Intel PT 1000 based card that I used in the past very successfully but no slots available in this new system to use it so was thinking of selling it to get a little money to help pay for the new build.

From what I gather, the nic/board is not defective in any way that a replacement would solve, but instead a design issue/incompatibility? Anyone confirm?

I have no issue with my Realtek NIC (I think it's the same Gige one used on the R2GENE, but I may be wrong) on my P8P67-M Pro, under sustained (4-12 hours a day) heavy load. Connected to either a DIR 615 revB unit, or an ASUS RT-N16 unit on the stock firmware, depending on the day.

buy a USB dongle if its only for internet. if u need GigE, obviuously USB wont help.

Back