Asus P8P67 PRO owners, is there room for pci sound between pcix 16x slots?

SaViOr-

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, got my new setup coming later this week. I got the Asus P8P67 PRO board and was wondering if there's enough room between the first 2 PCI-Express 16x slots for a PCI sound card? The only slot that could be used is the one above the second pci-express 16x slot (White).

I'll be using my 6870s in CFX and the sound card is the X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS PCI card.

From the pictures it looks like it should fit, but really want to make sure before everything arrives. Might need to order a pci-express sound card instead or live with onboard for awhile if it cant fit.

This set of pics should help you see for yourself: http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=1179&page=8

Why not use the top slot above the PCIEx16? That's where I plan to place my titanium HD (if I ever get my replacement Pro board). By the way, that's a Deluxe board in the pic. I think the slots are the same, though, but bigger heatsinks on the Deluxe). Pretty sure the PCIEx1 2 is toast next to the primary vid card with a double slot design.

Note that if you use the bottom PCIEx16 slot (max at x4), it will either disable the PCIEx1 2 or USB3_34 at x1, or both PCIEx1 1 and 2 and USB3_34 at x4.

My sound card is regular PCI not PCI-express... lol thats where the issue is. If I had pci-express sound id put it above the first slot :).
I've seen that pic before, but dont get a good look between the video cards though to see if the sound card would be able to sit properly

Oops... I just interpreted that as PCIE. Anyway, I test fit my Asus Pro with an old two slot ATI 1800 card and the PCI slot is open. The face of the video card is right on the edge of the PCI socket. The space between the PCIEx16 and the PCI is about 3.3 cm. I guess the only problem might be video cards that breathe from the front face since the sound card could block the airflow. Otherwise physically I don't think they'll interfere with each other.

Awesome, thanks for testing that and replying back in the thread man. Really appreciate it! Now I don't need to buy a new sound card for the new build :)

No problem. I have a new Titanium HD to replace my current X-fi Platinum, but I'm keeping my Hauppauge PCI 1600 TV card. But, I'm not running X-fire...yet.

Back