ASUS P8P67 PRO BIOS rev1302: USB controller crashes when playing game

Hey guys, so here's the problem:

Since monday june 4th, when I am in Diablo 3, after I play for a while, my mouse stops responding and so does my keyboard. When this happens I have to plug them in my back usb ports instead, which works, but only for a while, until that controller crashes also.

I have been trying to find help online and have done some troubleshooting of my own. I have disabled the power management setting that allowed windows to shut down my usb port if lacking energy. Also I have tried to find out exactly what is happening to my usb controller when it shuts down. It seems that the devices are still being powered and recognized in the device manager, but that they cannot be used. I tried to plug in a webcam, a headset and a wacom tablet to see if they would work, and nothing; the usb controller becomes unusable.

My mother board is a P8P67 PRO and it had been working fine up until now. I have tried uninstalling my usb controllers and having windows reinstall them on reboot, and I have installed all the windows updates. It only does this in Diablo 3. It even does it on the login screen and so I suspect it might not have anything to do with heat generated from the video card.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Have you tried updating to a later bios on your board? I know that past few bios updates have mentioned fixes and enhancements to USB related issues and devices.

same exact issue here with usb lockups playing Diablo 3.

Oddly enough, same exact mobo. :(

If you have found a solution I would love to hear it. I've updated my bios and windows usb drivers to the latest to no avail.

Back