Asus P8P67-I Sandy Bridge Mini ITX

You bring up a good point on replacing the mini PCIe networking card. Looking over a couple of options at Newegg, it looks like the 300 Mbps Intel card (model 622) is able to do both 2.4 & 5 GHz with only two antennas. The 450 Mbps Intel card (model 633) has three antenna connections though. I think it would be tempting to go with the 300 Mbps version just so I wouldn't have to figure out the wiring and/or place to put a third antenna. Even with the 2 antenna version, though, I would need to probably get a replacement antenna that could receive 5 GHz. May have to research this a bit more...

I know this is the ASUS mini itx thread, but I had trouble locating the sandy bridge mini itx thread, so here goes.

"ZOTAC International, a leading innovator and the world's largest channel manufacturer of graphics cards, motherboards and mini-PCs, today announces shipments of the H67-ITX WiFi has resumed across the globe. New shipments of the ZOTAC H67-ITX WiFi feature the updated H67 B3 revision chipset for enhanced SATA performance and reliability."

Options are improving

I saw that. I also saw that shipping is 2-4 weeks. Another site lists it as a preorder. I figure that 2-4 weeks to get something shipped must be either a rebate or a preorder. And they have been saying only two left for a few days. Not going to worry as I may be sent to another base shortly and dont want it chasing me thru Iraq. Once I know where I will be, hopefully its fully available.

Glad a mini itx sandy bridge board is finally out. I'll be looking for user reviews and stuff in the next coming months :)

Yay! A little on the pricey side but it's Asus and it has darned near everything.

Edit: As I noted in the main Sandy Bridge mITX thread, the images of this board on the Newegg site show an interesting USB 3.0 connector on the back panel. In addition to the ones that open to the rear, it also has two at 90 degrees that open internally. I assume this is for routing the USB 3.0 to the front panel without cables dangling out the back

Edit #2: Some are suggesting that the USB 3.0 stuff I mentioned in my edit may just be a sticker. That could be. It would seem pretty crowded given that the LAN connector is at the top of that little metal box, but the depth of the LAN connector wouldn't take the whole box either. So... I'm probably wrong on this but still not totally convinced that it's a sticker either. Not sure why Asus would feel the need to apply a sticker saying USB 3.0 with pictures of two USB 3.0 ports on it.

Last edited:
I want to see some reviews of this mobo. Guessing it shouldn't be too long now.

Yay! A little on the pricey side but it's Asus and it has darned near everything.

Edit: As I noted in the main Sandy Bridge mITX thread, the images of this board on the Newegg site show an interesting USB 3.0 connector on the back panel. In addition to the ones that open to the rear, it also has two at 90 degrees that open internally. I assume this is for routing the USB 3.0 to the front panel without cables dangling out the back

Edit #2: Some are suggesting that the USB 3.0 stuff I mentioned in my edit may just be a sticker. That could be. It would seem pretty crowded given that the LAN connector is at the top of that little metal box, but the depth of the LAN connector wouldn't take the whole box either. So... I'm probably wrong on this but still not totally convinced that it's a sticker either. Not sure why Asus would feel the need to apply a sticker saying USB 3.0 with pictures of two USB 3.0 ports on it.

its definitely a sticker. :)

Looking at the picture of it and the Gigabyte H55N board, looks like the CPU socket is actually closer to the PCI slot. Not sure what decent cooler is going to work on that board now if you want a graphics card.

Looking at the picture of it and the Gigabyte H55N board, looks like the CPU socket is actually closer to the PCI slot. Not sure what decent cooler is going to work on that board now if you want a graphics card.

closed loop water comes to mind. ALC ECO, H50-1, H70...etc.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but there are actually 2 Asus H67 boards. The Deluxe has BT, WiFi and SO-DIMMs. The non-Deluxe has no WiFi but uses DIMMs (don't know about BT, but my guess is no -> same chip for BT and WiFi on the Deluxe). I don't think the non-Deluxe is in the wild yet.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but there are actually 2 Asus H67 boards. The Deluxe has BT, WiFi and SO-DIMMs. The non-Deluxe has no WiFi but uses DIMMs (don't know about BT, but my guess is no -> same chip for BT and WiFi on the Deluxe). I don't think the non-Deluxe is in the wild yet.

Yes, the non-Deluxe is the one I'm waiting for as I've no use for BT and WiFi.

Hate SO-DIMM too. Limited choices available and most are in butt-ugly green PCB w/o heatspreaders.

There's a p8h67-I deluxe somewhere in there :) I hope my 6970 fits in the sg05...
dc8aba27.jpg

ya know... for some reason, my brain put together all of the above and assumed you got a P67 mITX board...

Yes, the non-Deluxe is the one I'm waiting for as I've no use for BT and WiFi.

Hate SO-DIMM too. Limited choices available and most are in butt-ugly green PCB w/o heatspreaders.

Well let me know if you start seeing it. I'm checking everyday in Sweden and Asus boards in general are really trickling in after the B2-chipset snafu. So mITX boards? I'm not holding my breath.

I dont care since once I close the case, no one is going to see them. Even with the case open the PSU is going to keep anyone from seeing them!

Another option is the p8h61-i. Seems to be the best budget board for a mini-itx.

There's a p8h67-I deluxe somewhere in there :) I hope my 6970 fits in the sg05...
*pic snip*

Unfortunately, it's probably not going to w/o modding :( -- it's probably going to be REALLY close, though, like maybe 1-2mm or so

The SG05 and SG06 have the same internal volume/dimensions (minus the front panel bumpout for the 06) and my 6950 barely fit into my SG06 after I cut out the interior metal plate and shaved down the plastic bits on the inside of the front panel.

Of course, you might have a non-reference 6970 and I might be eating my foot shortly :p

I wonder when Asus will release their non-deluxe? That's the board I'm waiting for!

Won't be any time soon from what I've heard.

I'm getting the one from ASRock (the one w/o WiFi) the moment it's back in stock @ NewEgg.

I dont care since once I close the case, no one is going to see them. Even with the case open the PSU is going to keep anyone from seeing them!

Exactly, who cares if they don't come in your favorite shade of pink nobody is going to see them anyway.

Won't be any time soon from what I've heard.

I'm getting the one from ASRock (the one w/o WiFi) the moment it's back in stock @ NewEgg.

I have the Asrock one, both Wifi and non Wifi. Stable as a rock and boot quite quickly. Spending another $60 for the Asus is not worth it.

Exactly, who cares if they don't come in your favorite shade of pink nobody is going to see them anyway.

I can understand where you're coming from especially if you have an all closed-up el-cheapo case without windows but there are others who may have gorgeous looking cases with see-through windows and it would make sense to maintain the color theme within.

I have the Asrock one, both Wifi and non Wifi. Stable as a rock and boot quite quickly. Spending another $60 for the Asus is not worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty set on the non-Wifi version. $60 can almost cover a pair of 2x4GB DDR3s. :p

Unfortunately, NewEgg seems to be running out of stock on quite a number of ASRock boards (incl. the Zacate one) and there's no indication on when they'll be re-stocked.

I wonder what's wrong with ASRock and/or NewEgg ?

I can understand where you're coming from especially if you have an all closed-up el-cheapo case without windows but there are others who may have gorgeous looking cases with see-through windows and it would make sense to maintain the color theme within.
I can appreciate that for cases with a window. Now, to defend my position, since when is a Lian Li case considered el cheapo? And since when is lacking a window mean your case cant be gorgeous? Keep in mind, this forum has many tastes to accommodate. If your case has a window(s) and you want to coordinate everything, then I say fantastic! Go for it!. But dont start calling other cases cheap because they dont have a window.

I was only pointing out that its not important for me to have colorful RAM sticks.

I can appreciate that for cases with a window. Now, to defend my position, since when is a Lian Li case considered el cheapo? And since when is lacking a window mean your case cant be gorgeous? Keep in mind, this forum has many tastes to accommodate. If your case has a window(s) and you want to coordinate everything, then I say fantastic! Go for it!. But dont start calling other cases cheap because they dont have a window.

I was only pointing out that its not important for me to have colorful RAM sticks.

Are you his clone ? I'm referring specifically to his case only since he obviously can't appreciate the fact that there are others who go to extremes to color match their components.

Are you his clone ? I'm referring specifically to his case only since he obviously can't appreciate the fact that there are others who go to extremes to color match their components.

Not sure what you are referring to. Clone? I made a point of saying I can appreciate someone going to that effort. I was pointing out that a case without a window was not necessarily an el cheapo case. Reread what I wrote. Many people on this forum, all with different tastes. I can appreciate good workmanship in many things. A case with a window and all parts coordinated and wiring run properly and clean. I can appreciate a solid case with clean looks. I can even appreciate a well built Hyundai. What I dont appreciate is a blanket statement saying non window cases are "cheap". I am putting a lot of effort into my non window case. Can you appreciate that?

This thread is for the Asus mini ITX and I am done discussing case design here.

Maybe people are no longer squeamish about buying ASRock and they are just selling well? :confused:

yeah i think their price, quality, and the fact that they were out first are contributing to them selling out so fast. i dont think many people are squeamish about buying asrock, theyre just another branch of asus, which is considered to be one of the best mobo partners. they just made low-end limited-feature boards for a long time that no one wanted, but now for some reason they make full-featured boards too.

Not sure what you are referring to. Clone? I made a point of saying I can appreciate someone going to that effort. I was pointing out that a case without a window was not necessarily an el cheapo case. Reread what I wrote. Many people on this forum, all with different tastes. I can appreciate good workmanship in many things. A case with a window and all parts coordinated and wiring run properly and clean. I can appreciate a solid case with clean looks. I can even appreciate a well built Hyundai. What I dont appreciate is a blanket statement saying non window cases are "cheap". I am putting a lot of effort into my non window case. Can you appreciate that?

This thread is for the Asus mini ITX and I am done discussing case design here.

I don't wish to continue with this pointless discussion. All I'm implying is that his case is most likely a closed-up, el-cheap case w/o window because he doesn't seem to appreciate that there are people who take pride in their component choices, even if it entails color matching.

That doesn't mean all closed-up cases without window are inferior cases. I used to have Lian Li's too and they make some really nice cases ... even those w/o windows.

Unless you're him, you shouldn't even bother with what I said to him specifically.

It's not a general statement in the first place.

Back