Asus p8p67 evo slow boot / boot device LED

ZippZopp

Limp Gawd
I just replaced a sabertooth p67 with a p8p67 evo board last night, got windows up and running, everything seems pretty good so far. i shut my system down last night, got home from work today, power it on and it just sat there for about 30-40 seconds or so before beeping and starting to boot. i pulled the cover off the case while that was happening and saw the boot_device_led was lit up red. it doesn't do any sort of double post or anything, it just takes a while from initial power on. when it does beep and begin to boot i notice the lights on my keyboard kick in as well so i'm not sure if is some sort of USB detection thing, or boot device or what.

i'm not really sure what is causing the delay here, has anyone else experienced this? specs are in my sig, with the only difference being i have the evo instead of the sabertooth

Last edited:
small update, so it appears to be related to my 2tb external western digital usb3 drive. i unplugged it and the boot issue doesn't occur...not quite sure where to go from here though because the thought of having to unplug the drive on every shut down is pretty annoying

There are many USB issues related to these boards that Asus is looking into. Keep the pressure on and hope for the best. I too have issues with very slow post and boot if I even have USB flash drive plugged in.

oddly though, this wasn't an issue on the sabertooth p67 that i just replaced.

Back