Asus P8P67 Boot Issues

First off hello [H]ard Forum users! (first post)

I too have the "double boot" problem, only after upgrading the BIOS on my P8P67. (Version 0804 to Version 1003) (The shipped bios would not read all 4 sticks of ram)

From a cold boot/restart the system will power on for a couple seconds then shutdown for a couple more before starting for good.

I read the threads about the problems for the PRO model, maybe they use the same BIOS.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1576509

I have not tried Beta Version 1053 yet so I'm wondering if anyone had any luck with it solving this "double boot" issue or if I need to tweak something to get it to boot properly.

Thanks,

Mine (the pro version) was doing that for awhile, maybe 10-20 times, then it just suddenly stopped. Not sure why, didn't update the bios or anything.

Off topic, but are any P8P67 vanilla/pro/etc owners experiencing missing drivers in the device manager? I have 2x USB, 1x pci controller, and my NIC showing as driverless despite having installed everything that was available on the ASUS support page.

ya I have 2 missing drivers for unknown devices

PCI Communications Device
Unknown device

The other missing devices I solved by getting drivers off the included CD. Also, I have the double boot problem too (using latest beta BIOS).

Hate to say it but I think there are a larger than normal bunch of boards that slipped past QC and people are having to deal with them. If after going all the way up to the current 1053 Beta BIOS and still having problems it would be time to RMA the board.

Awesome Fix then.
NICE FIND BassDX

Clear RTC RAM procedure

1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5–10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.

4175e069951c.jpg

3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4. Hold down the "Del" key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.

*If the steps above do not help, remove the onboard battery and move the jumper again to clear the CMOS RTC RAM data. After the CMOS clearance, reinstall the battery.

do this procedure helped you with the cold boot issues?
Are you sure that your ram is now running at 1600MHz?
Do you checked if CPUz agree with that frequency?

clearing the rtc ram did the trick for me. cold boots perfectly fine now and properly detects corsair vengeance ram at 1600mhz

I have the P8P67 Deluxe. While trying to trouble shoot various boot issues, I used the MemTest/MemOK! button. According to the manual, it starts, shuts-down and re-starts the computer a few times (usually just 5-10 seconds per boot) while testing different memory speeds/variables. When it finds working (or optimal?) settings, it stops constantly rebooting.

Perhaps the constant rebooting is altering memory timings? And that's maybe why after awhile it stops? Just a guess...

After it got stable, I installed windows 7, and then realized there was a much newer bios which I updated to (but haven't gotten to test yet). I was on 8xx before.

Back