asus p7p55dle MemOk light

hydrogen18

Limp Gawd
Today I moved my Asus P7p55dLE into a new case. I was hoping for an uneventful move.

When I got everything moved over, and I mean everything, no new hardware just a new case the MemOK light came on and the machine does not attempt to power up.

I can hold the down the MemOK button forever but it will not start flashing.

I pulled the memory (4 sticks) and noticed I seem to have 1.5v and 1.65v RAM. Apparently it has not caused an issue to date. I've tried each stick individually and can't get it do anything. I also reset the BIOS with the jumper but that doesn't do anything. I really doubt all 4 sticks died simultaneously. The slots are a pain to get sticks in correctly but I am doing it correctly.

I pulled all my expansion cards (including VGA) and it's still a no boot.

At this point I'm out of ideas. Motherboard just decided to die?

Just dug up a power supply from my junk box. I plugged it into just the motherboard and when I plug the machine in it I still get the red MemOK light. However, pressing the power button now causes the machine to try and start up, but I can't get it to POST.

After more investigation, it appears the power supply just decided to give up the ghost. The reason why it wouldn't boot when I hooked up the junk PSU is because of those damned memory slots. Apparently you just have to push as hard as humanly possible to get the memory sticks to seat correctly into the motherboard. It makes me wonder how I ever got it to work before.

I'm just going to leave the 1.5 volt sticks in there only, since just that is 8gb of RAM. I'm a little apprehensive about using a 'Bestec' power supply to run the thing, so I'll just wait till I can get a replacement in from newegg.

Back