ASUS P7P55D Deluxe & EVO Motherboard Preview @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
ASUS P7P55D Deluxe & EVO Motherboard Previeww - ASUS has been kind enough to allow us the opportunity to give HardOCP readers an advance look at the upcoming enthusiast line of motherboards that will be supporting Intel's soon-to-be-launched Core i5 processor series. These motherboards sport the new LGA 1156 socket interface as well as a new host of features being pushed out by ASUS. For those of you that have been waiting for a more forgiving platform in terms of budget, the new P7P55D series of motherboard from ASUS and Intel's Core i5 processor may just be the ticket.

Looks good. The voltage control on this board is really interesting. Can't wait to read/see more.

will the VGA LED be covered by the more common 2 slot cards?

and it looks like the bottom half of the dim slots don't have clamps. Are they that close to the PCIe slot?

will the VGA LED be covered by the more common 2 slot cards?

and it looks like the bottom half of the dim slots don't have clamps. Are they that close to the PCIe slot?

Yes, it would be under it, but I don't think that should be an issue to knowing whether it is lit or not.

I heard a term used called X Drive? I'm not familiar with this term.

Are they using a different heatsink mounting layout than the LGA-1366?

I'm interested in seeing how these processors perform -- might be my chance to move to the "i" series core processors...

Are they using a different heatsink mounting layout than the LGA-1366?

Upon quick inspection the holes in the LGA 1156 board do NOT line up with a 1366 or Core 2 waterblock backplate.

kyle i love the animated video in the begining..............however i miss when you used to say

lets see some shit!

lol

That was some great mobo pron...

Nice review. The turbo feature is really nice. Props to Asus for a nice looking mobo also.

fine fine, bane of people who want to reuse a heatsink.

I'd like to see some lower profile aftermarket coolers for this, something not isane but still way better then stock! I don't see anyone making a good low profile cooler if it had the same layout as the i7.

on the deluxe it looks like the audio connectors would get in the way of a video card in the top x16 slot.

I saw a page a few days ago showing motherboards prices for some of the new i5 motherboards would be as low as $100. I can't remember which brand it was now, but does anybody know pricing on the EVO version of this motherboard?

I'm curious about this additional layer of copper in the board for thermal dissipation - does that actually work? Is the board noticeably heavier because of this?

Wasn't there some manufacturer making holes/supporting older heatsinks also (LGA775), maybe it was EVGA or Foxconn, can't remember anymore.
Some Foxconn and ASUS LGA1366 motherboards have LGA775 mounting holes, including the Bloodrage and Flaming Blade boards, as well as the Rampage II GENE and the P6T/P6T SE.

Great preview, love the video previews :)

Boards look good, shame about the mounting holes if you already have a decent cooler but i would imagine the i5's should run a decent bit cooler.

lol @ the i7 es' just lying about the desk, must be fun having all that hardware.

Why am I getting the sense that the i5 is basically going to become the Celeron for the i series?

First off, thanks for the sneak peek Kyle. As always, you guys are the best!

Secondly, Kyle you make me laugh sometimes because while you can write an awesome review, you don't seem to like the camera as much. ;) Lots of "err...", umm..." Not saying I could do better, in fact I actually like it this way because you guys are just like us, only cooler cause you get to play with stuff we can't get yet :p

At any rate, thanks again for the preview and I'm looking forward to seeing how well these chips to compared to their "big brothers".

Keep up the great work!

I haven't even watched all the review yet. Had to stop it just to say i love the beginning cartoon lol. The toon looks just like you and even does the brow thing lol. Any way could be the brews but i thought it was funny.

I'm getting the blank in the middle surrounded by ads thing with the link provided for this preview article. How well does the new Stackcool 3 feature work on this mobo?

Dumb question.... I see that description says the socket LGA1156 supports i5 and i7 CPUs, so I can slap a i7 920 into the P55 board?

*edit* Ok I guess they really meant i7 8XX series. NVM!

Back