ASUS P6T RAM and OCing Follow-up

I like the video, I probably would have just skimmed through an article.

Dig the review format. Nice job!

That hardware looks freakin sweet.. What temps are you getting on the cpu with that overclock? Also, what is temperature the reference range for the i7's? Was the RAM cooler from Corsair?

I really am digging your video reviews. Thanks for the nice review. Gives me a great idea of what the new chips out will be like.

:drool:
you can run DDR3-1600 with a 200BCLK, is that stable at 1.4v for you? Or have you tried that yet?

Great video...Could someone explain how the DRAM frequency relates to the bus speed for the 920? What's the lowest speed DDR3 RAM that I could get away with a ~3.5 GHz overclock?

TR3X6G1600C8D, which both the label in the video and Corsair's website say run @ 1600 Mhz, but in the video you said "running at 1520 Mhz, which is just a tad bit over 200 Mhz the 1333 Mhz stock."

By stock, I take it you meant the SPD defaults, and not the rated speed? :)

Then again, 12 GB of memory... I don't care what speed it runs at, Vista had better STFU and LIKE IT :)

Man Kyle looks like knight rider. LOL j/k hope you dont take any offense.

I am really liking these video reviews, too. I don't always read completely through the motherboard reviews, but I do watch all of the videos. Now if only I could afford to go Nehalem. :(

I got 12k in government assitance for university sitting in a savings account collecting interest because they gave me way more than i needed. I really, really think its time to dip into that sucker and buy myself a 920 :)

That actually answere a lot of my questions of Core i7.
I am curions what your temps were on the overclock ???

How much can be expects on an Air overclock vs your water?

Thanks for an awesome review.

Very cool video. Good to see the old fart behind the voice. :p

I would recommend putting a DIGG link in there. This video is well worth watching. Especially since it debunks the nay-sayers.

Nice video. Although I couldn't make out the system detail screen at the end. Although I'll take your word that it was windows vista 64-bit.

9 minutes and 3 seconds of jaw resting on space bar and drool spilling into my keyboard. Now only if I could sell one of these useless kidneys...

This makes my main rig cry :(

After 4 years, I've finally seen what Kyle looks like. Way to represent DFW!

hey kyle.. if intel gave the go ahead.. any chance you would be able to see if the dram voltage could actually exceed the 1.65v warning by more then .1v?

btw like evil said a few posts up.. what kind of temps were you running at 3.8ghz?

Nice review, finally get to see your face! I'd love to have 12GB in my system.

I was merely contemplating this but now I have to get it.
Time to ditch one of these kidneys and my current system while it's still worth something.

WOW awesome review Kyle. Seriously right on point with exactly what we wanted to know. Just need to know what temps were you at maxed with all 8 logical cores pumping orthos at 100% load. Good stuff right there bro.

Oh by the way gotta love that old "reach around" LOL I almost spit my coffee out on my nice screen. funny shit. :)

Damn, i cant watch this in work, have to wait till I get home, any chance of a script for the video denied?:rolleyes: Nice to put a face to a name after all these years! For some reason I always imagined Kyle to have red hair, a mullet and a doormans physique!:D

Kyle, awesome video, again. Question: When you built that rig, did you do a new install of Vista 64 Ultimate? Reason I ask is I have a pre-sp1 (sp-1 now installed) version with 4 GB and Vista didn't like 4 gb on initial install. Does / did the SP1 version you have change / fix that? Sorry if it seems off topic...:rolleyes:

Great video Kyle, thank you.
One question: it is possible to change the Uncore frequency from the bios or the Uncore multiplier it is locked for the 920 (i.e. it can be changed only for the extreme processors) ?

That was a great video review. You showed exactly what we needed to see. This video is much better than any written reviews. I hope to see more videos like this.

[Couldnt find an edit button] To the guy who asked about the bus speed. There is no longer a FSB in the X58 chipset , the memory controller is now on the CPU.

Back