Asus P6T problem waking up!

koss

Weaksauce
Right now, I have my system running 3.7Ghz stable with mid-30C's and low 80C's on 100% load. When the system goes to sleep for a while, it doesn't wake up. When I move the keyboard & mouse, the motherboard lights up and fan begins to turn, but it doesn't display anything. When I hit reset button, the drive and fans spin 100% throttle for a few seconds, quiets down and nothing happens.

The only way to get out of this is 5-second power button cold shutdown. And when it reboots, the BIOS boot-up displays "Overclock Failure" and requires me to go to CMOS and change setting. However, there is no problem with temperature or anything. I've ran Prime 95 for 8 hours without crashing, but it only locks up when trying to recover from deep (?) sleep. Anyone have any ideas? Right now I disabled sleeping and plan to fiddle with APM settings. I have version 1003 BIOS and TRUE HSF (see my sig for more spec)

Thanks!

I have the same problem with the P6T, but I don't get that overclock failure thing. Basically, when I put it to sleep and wake it up, everything powers on for a second then it the whole pc suddenly turns off. I've just learned to live without sleep mode for now...but I wish I could find a solution. I think it has more to do with Vista than the P6T. I don't think BIOS has anything to do with the computer waking up from sleep. That's all vista (at least I think).

Sweet, I'm glad that my Gigabyte EX58 Extreme isn't the only board with this issue!

I have the exact same problem, except for mine does it whether I OC or run at stock speeds. Gigabyte Tech Support suggested that maybe I try different memory, which I did - without any success.

Looking at your specs, the only thing we have in common from our systems is the 920 CPU so it doesn't seem to be the memory. UNLESS(!!!) . . . we both have Silverstone TJxx cases . . . mayyyyybe it's the case!!! ;)

I had excactly the same issues on my P6T WS, it is an issue becoming known as the Black Screen of Death.

The fix? (well certainly for me and a lot of others) disable Express Gate in the Bios, no problems since I disabled it, hopefully they will fix this in the next BIOS update.

I had excactly the same issues on my P6T WS, it is an issue becoming known as the Black Screen of Death.

The fix? (well certainly for me and a lot of others) disable Express Gate in the Bios, no problems since I disabled it, hopefully they will fix this in the next BIOS update.

What the heck does Express Gate do? Is it something we need? Also, is it something only found on the ASUS BIOS or would the Gigabyte BIOS have it too? I guess I can check when I get home later.

I just tried that and sleep is finally working for me now. Thanks.

What the heck does Express Gate do? Is it something we need? Also, is it something only found on the ASUS BIOS or would the Gigabyte BIOS have it too? I guess I can check when I get home later.

Express Gate is just program that permits you to run a web browser, view pictures, or use Skype prior to your OS booting. So if you just want to check something on the web and don't want to wait for your OS to boot, you can use Express Gate.

That doesn't make sense... Express Gate is basically built-in Linux and some apps you can run if you don't have any OS installed. It should have no effect once the system is started with Vista. BUT I'm gonna try it anyway later today.

Well, waking up from sleep worked the first time after disabling express-gate. However, it would not wake up the second time after putting to sleep. I'm not so sure it is the solution now.

My issue was not just waking from sleep, it was just booting the thing - i.e. it would not - it would go into the popularly being termed Black Screen Of Death, since I have disabled express gate all the issues have gone away.

changing suspend mode to s3 in bios has fixed all my sleep problems.

Back