ASUS P6T Deluxe @ [H]

I have the Asus P6T Deluxe and i am using BIOS 1003 (1102 has issues). Whenever I try to access 2 of my HDDs (they are connected to SATA ports 3 & 4), I hear them spin up and click to ready state if I haven't accessed them for a whille even though I am using the PC. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am using Vista x64, 'balanced' power settings, and the Hard drive power down settings are set to Never

Has anyone with Vista 32 bit had the 'no audio output' bug, which is apparently a well known Vista bug affecting many different hardware manufacturers?

I've done every single 'standard' fix, ie uninstalling drivers, trying to use default windows drivers, trying every soundmax driver available.

I'm on the newest BIOS, and I really don't want to buy a soundcard, but I'm out of ideas other than reinstalling the OS.

The sound does work in Express Gate, so I know it's a Vista issue.

Created a RAID 0 with my SSD and I would like to add another SATA drive for storage, but when I do so it doesn't get recognized by VISTA. I only see it when I go into my RAID array. Also in the BIOS there is a setting on how to treat the SATA drives mine is set to RAID. Is this possible to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Created a RAID 0 with my SSD and I would like to add another SATA drive for storage, but when I do so it doesn't get recognized by VISTA. I only see it when I go into my RAID array. Also in the BIOS there is a setting on how to treat the SATA drives mine is set to RAID. Is this possible to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Yeah its possible, I have 2 drives in RAID 0 and 1 drive solo, all plugged into the Intel controller. In the Intel Raid controller bios, you should see 2 drives as members of the RAID, the other isnt. In Vista, you may need to give it a drive letter in disk managment.

Yeah its possible, I have 2 drives in RAID 0 and 1 drive solo, all plugged into the Intel controller. In the Intel Raid controller bios, you should see 2 drives as members of the RAID, the other isnt. In Vista, you may need to give it a drive letter in disk managment.

Nice.... Thanks!!

I'm planning an i7 build and this mobo is obviously on my short list (Gigabyte UD4P is the other -- for now :)). They really seem to love the GBs over at XS.

What's the story with the eSATA thing? Still an issue? It was never completely reliable for me on my P5WDH.

Also, what about S3 power stuff.... Does this board sleep, hibernate, etc. successfully and stay asleep properly?

Thanks!

I'm planning an i7 build and this mobo is obviously on my short list (Gigabyte UD4P is the other -- for now :)). They really seem to love the GBs over at XS.

What's the story with the eSATA thing? Still an issue? It was never completely reliable for me on my P5WDH.

Also, what about S3 power stuff.... Does this board sleep, hibernate, etc. successfully and stay asleep properly?

Thanks!

What, nobody using this moby anymore? :) I just read somewhere today of some guy having issues putting the PC to sleep while overclocked using a P6T deluxe.

Thx

I just picked up one in the FS forum a couple weeks back and just got my proc and mem in. It run beautiful...however that stock fan sucks. I'm currently MacGuyvering a new metal plate for my 775 waterblock . Why oh why did they have to move to 80mm from 72mm spacing?

This mobo though is fantastic, tons of features and I'm looking forward to using the OCPalm gizmo to OC it once my water setup is back online.

I just fired up my first build with this board and am extremely happy with it. It even started up on the first try.

I think I'm about ready to build a new rig, and in doing some price checks I noticed Newegg has a V2 revision of the board now in stock.

A bit of googling showed that the V2 version lacks SAS (which isn't a problem), but does anybody know if there's anything else different/fixed/broken on the new revision?

Im @ 4200 stable water cooled

settings for P6T V1.0 w/ SAS Raid:
X.M.P
CPU 1.6
PLL 1.96
DRAM 1.64
QPI 1.45

I hit the PC power button and she fires right out of sleep mode, do not use the mouse or keyboard as that seems to kill the video for some reason.

USB is what I flash the bios with and you might need to make sure the USB device is first in your boot sequence under "boot" settings".

I built the 1303 bios with a new boot loader screen for those with water cooling, below is the link. There are 2 free programs to change the boot logo and login screen called "Vista boot logo Generator" and" Vista Visual Master". Asus P6T CD has an auto bios updater on it that also installs a program to add your own boot logo to a bios file as I did below. The boot screen uses the same wallpaper as pictured below.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ncmkofgngdi/P6T-ASUS-DELUXE-1303.ROM

simple video of P6T booting with custom bios screen and bootloader. Deskscape running on desktop.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&sq=&dm=2#

I think I'm about ready to build a new rig, and in doing some price checks I noticed Newegg has a V2 revision of the board now in stock.

A bit of googling showed that the V2 version lacks SAS (which isn't a problem), but does anybody know if there's anything else different/fixed/broken on the new revision?

From what I have read on other forums ASUS removed the SAS controller with the V2 board. So unless you plan on running a 15k rpm SAS drive in the future that is the difference in the board.

KM

Has anyone had issues with the provided IO Shield for the P6T Deluxe? The "foam" was too thick, it wouldn't allow me to mount the motherboard tray flushed against the case in my A70/71. I ended up taking off the foam on the Shield to have everything fit perfectly.

Does anyone have issue can't boot at BCLK over 203? My i7 920 can't boot to XP 64 Bit or Vista 64 Bit when using BCLK >203 and multiplier 21. When I select the multiplier to 20, I still can't boot to those OS'es. I have BIOS 1403

Has anyone had issues with the provided IO Shield for the P6T Deluxe? The "foam" was too thick, it wouldn't allow me to mount the motherboard tray flushed against the case in my A70/71. I ended up taking off the foam on the Shield to have everything fit perfectly.

It was a bit tight in a coolermaster "sniper" case but I was able to push hard and get the motherboard ports flush against it. Admittedly, it makes for a very solid feeling back port shield... not flimsy at all once it's in.

Hey guys!

I have been running a P6T system for awhile now and no problems - Until now. I switched from 2 8800GTS 512 cards to a single 4870X2 (tri-fan model - asus branded) and it installed and works great.

I was thinking crossfire would be cool to see - so I bought another tri-fan 4870X2 and dropped it in and hooked up the cross-fire connector. The MB posted and went to the Intel IH10 screen - Freeze. The drives would not enumerate and it just locks up.

I replaced the following components:

PS first - bought the enermax 1050 (based on OCPs recc!)
MB - must be bad - same behavior
flashed BISO to make sure its current

Nothing worked - the Memory that I am using - Corsair tri-channel kit - the TR3X6G1333C9 sticks - which UNTIL NOW have been flawless.

If I pull the second card out (4870X2) everything works fine. I switched cards in slot 1 to make sure that is not the problem - both work fine in single card mode

On a whim - I pulled the 3rd memory stick out - and the drives enumerated and everything works correct - Vista discovers the crossfire system and my system is fine.

put the stick back in - no drives and post lockup on the IH10 Drive enumeration.

WTH? any ideas here guys? anyone else having hardware-level crossfire issues / memory? I want to get this working as 2 sticks = dual channel want 3 for tri-channel and more mem.

Thanks in advance guys - let me know if anyone has any ideas!

Ax.

YES. I had a very similar issue when changing out my old x48 with the P6T and i7 920. With one 4870 x2, everthing worked fine with 12gb x 4 dimms. Put in my other 4870 x2 (that I'm positive works fine), and no boot. The only advice I can offer is to keep changing the dimms in different slots -- that worked for me after some trial and error.

Been running rock solid now at 3.9ghz with 2x 4870 x2s for over two months now.

It was a bit tight in a coolermaster "sniper" case but I was able to push hard and get the motherboard ports flush against it. Admittedly, it makes for a very solid feeling back port shield... not flimsy at all once it's in.

For me it wouldn't fit no matter how hard I tried. The foam was just too thick.

I just ripped out the foam and aluminum padding, cleaned the plate with rubbing alcohol, everything fits, but I'm a little worried since now there is zero contact between the ports and the backplate. Unlike the usual IO Shields, after you take off the foam, there are no "fingers" touching the ports, is this safe?

Anyone doesn't have issue about bclk over 203 on i7 920? I can't boot to my Vista Ultimate X64 and XP Professional X64.

My specification:
ASUS P6T Deluxe BIOS 1403
Intel Core i7 920 (both 20x or 21x mutiplier on BCLK > 203 can't boot to OS)
Corsair 6GB XMS3 Classic DDR3-1600 TR3X6G-1600C9
Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe

Given the fact that the V2 and V1 of the P6T Deluxe boards use different BIOSes I would assume there is more than just the SAS removal difference between the boards. Also, the last V2 BIOS release was on 3/4/09 to add "processor compatibility," while the V1's last BIOS update was on 3/27/09 to fix the sleep issue makes me think that the boards have more differences that SAS. Does this mean that V2 has NO sleep issue or that ASUS is too lazy to fix it?

There are several more V1 BIOS updates than V2. V2 only has 1 past the initial release - and as I mentioned it is for processor compatibility.

Still no comments in this thread about the "sleep problem." Anyone care to comment so that those of us waiting to pull the trigger can do so?

Anyone doesn't have issue about bclk over 203 on i7 920? I can't boot to my Vista Ultimate X64 and XP Professional X64.

My specification:
ASUS P6T Deluxe BIOS 1403
Intel Core i7 920 (both 20x or 21x mutiplier on BCLK > 203 can't boot to OS)
Corsair 6GB XMS3 Classic DDR3-1600 TR3X6G-1600C9
Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe

I can't get the bclk past 193 no matter what. I've raised the voltages beyond what is to be expected and it still either not boot into the OS or, it will randomly BSOD on me. :(

Got 19x200 working, my 920 is such a pig, it needs 1.35v to run at 3.8ghz. The other problem was, I couldn't get somewhat stable with linpack/linx UNTIL I bumped the vtt (qpi/dram in bios) to at least 1.4v. I'm running 1600mhz memory, maybe that's why I need to bump it up so high. Can't say I'm not disappointed.

Do you think it's motherboard problem or CPU problem? It's strange because some people can get as high as 223x21.

Given the fact that the V2 and V1 of the P6T Deluxe boards use different BIOSes I would assume there is more than just the SAS removal difference between the boards. Also, the last V2 BIOS release was on 3/4/09 to add "processor compatibility," while the V1's last BIOS update was on 3/27/09 to fix the sleep issue makes me think that the boards have more differences that SAS. Does this mean that V2 has NO sleep issue or that ASUS is too lazy to fix it?

There are several more V1 BIOS updates than V2. V2 only has 1 past the initial release - and as I mentioned it is for processor compatibility.

Still no comments in this thread about the "sleep problem." Anyone care to comment so that those of us waiting to pull the trigger can do so?

I bought the V1 what you mean by sleep problem, I still dont know what different between V1 and the V2, which one it is the best board from this two board because if the V2 is better i will return the V1. I just bought it

Does anyone have this board and the prolimatech megahalem cooler? Any clearance issue anywhere? (especially when using 6 sticks of ram)

There are some reports on XS of people successfully cross-flashing the V1 BIOS onto V2 boards. I honestly don't have the cajones to try it.:eek:

I have the sleep issue at 200 BCLK on a V2 board. There was no problem up to 180 BCLK; it would come out of S3 very consistently. Once I went above 180 it became very inconsistent - crashing on resume more than half the time. Hibernate has been a good work around.

There are some reports on XS of people successfully cross-flashing the V1 BIOS onto V2 boards. I honestly don't have the cajones to try it.:eek:

I have the sleep issue at 200 BCLK on a V2 board. There was no problem up to 180 BCLK; it would come out of S3 very consistently. Once I went above 180 it became very inconsistent - crashing on resume more than half the time. Hibernate has been a good work around.

I flashed V1 1403 BIOS on V2. S3 problem is still there, at least for Bclk>=200Mhz. But you can select 21x with V1 BIOS. Otherwise, the V2 works fine on V1 1403.

Does anyone have this board and the prolimatech megahalem cooler? Any clearance issue anywhere? (especially when using 6 sticks of ram)

Can't comment on this board but I'm using the prolimatech with the Asus Revolution and you can't use the stock clips if you have 6 ram slots full, wasn't really a problem I used zip ties instead to hold the fan in place. A normal 120mm fan will sit perfectly flush with memory on the revolution.

I have been reading the X-Bit review a lot lately and its hard to see in certain pictures in the review which has clearance or not.

I know that the "Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme" has the clearance for 6 sticks of ram (no heat spreaders), but which coolers has the clearance for using 6 sticks of ram? (Please post your experience ;))

// X

I have been reading the X-Bit review a lot lately and its hard to see in certain pictures in the review which has clearance or not.

I know that the "Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme" has the clearance for 6 sticks of ram (no heat spreaders), but which coolers has the clearance for using 6 sticks of ram? (Please post your experience ;))

// X

Noctua U12P on my i7 965 has room for 6 ram sticks with heat spreaders. The crucial memory in it does not have heat spreaders, but the G.Skill does, and the G.Skill is closest to the cpu in my system.

Haven't had a chance to read this entire thread, but has anyone tested the eSata port on this board? On my current mobo the eSata port doesn't find my external HDD, though it shows fine on my laptop with eSata or on my system using USB 2. Just curious if this board's eSata works any better.

Can I use the blue & black slots for SLI instead of blue & white?

I would like to add an 8x raid card, but the black slot is blocked by the 2nd GPU cooler when it's plugged into the white slot.

I encountered my first issue with the board. Whenever I enable XMP the system will refuse to reboot. From a cold boot the computer will run the ram at its XMP settings and is 100% stable. Sleep and everything else works perfectly. However when I try to reboot it will hang pre-POST with a blank black screen. I have to hold down the power button until it kills and I can immediately start it back up and it will boot like nothing was ever wrong with it.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I was running 1102 and flashed it to 1504 and that didn't help at all. I also have the onboard nics, sound, marvell SATA, SAS and the express gate disabled. Its not a big issue overall. I only restart about once or twice a month; but a lot of the time I do that when I am remoted in from work and therefore can't force restart it when it hangs.

I have an Asus P6T deluxe mobo and I have a dumb question. We all know of the several places on the mobo that have jumpers on that control chassis intrusion, QPI voltage and CMOS reset. They use the standard blue jumpers and they have the black 'foundation' that is attached to the mobo to ensure that the pins don't push through jumpers. Sorta like a 'safety stop' for lack of better words.

My question is this, I have a tendency to 'push too hard to make sure things don't fall off' when i check jumpers. Is there any chance of me having the strength to push hard enough to actually dislodge the pins themselves from the motherboard? I have a feeling the answer should be no only because I am pushing on the jumper itself and the 'black foundation' should stop the jumper once it is on all the way.

Ease my paranoia.......

Sorry I did not see this sooner, but I have the Prolimatech on my V2 with 6gb of RAM no problem.

Nice cooler.

Back