Asus P67 Sabertooth Strange Crash Issue

klljm

Weaksauce
I just put together a new rig and it is driving me CRAZY with this issue where it will lock up for no reason randomly... usually with horizontal checkerboard patterns and looping sound or vertical lines then ati drivers show the GPU recovery message. I swapped out my 6970 for a friend’s GTX 260 and ran furmark for like 4 hours straight in my rig with no crash. My 6970 was put in his setup and ran furmark as well for 4 hours and no issues what so ever! arrgh! I ran memtest 86 for 2 hours with no errors. I have reinstalled windows form scratch at least 3 times now. I have PLL overvoltage turned off, all C states set to enable in the BIOS, all power setting set to max performance in windows.... and as if it were MOCKING me.. just after I got done getting my butt kicked by Nefarian for 4 hours tonight... and it does it AGAIN!:mad: I just wish SOMETHING would die so I knew what the issue was...any suggestions????:confused:

P67 Sabertooth
i5 2500k
8 GB Corsair Vengeance
XFX 6970
Win 7 x64 PRO

I have update to the 1502 BIOS.

Check VDIMM and memory timings - use a memory stress test utility to see if it's stable...

I had an issue with my Sabertooth X58 recently where it would randomly crash. Prime95 was the only thing I could get to error out. Even running Memtest for 24 hours didn't cause a problem. It ended up being one of the memory sockets. When I changed my ram to different sockets everything ran fine. Was able to do a cross-shipment and just sent the bad one back.

So yea, run Prime95 at different settings.

I have completly blown the lid off this thing lol. I ran crystal disk bench + prime 95 + linx to max out the ram @ about 6.5 gigs + furmark, and left it like that for hours last weekend.. and nothing,... its rock solid stable... till it crashes and laughs in my face:( it just goes to the balck screen then hard locks.... i set ram timings manually alreay...not using XMP profile....

try running 1 stick of ram...i know you have already run memtest but ive seen ram be bad and pass memtest...just saying ive seen it before.....also might try another driver for the video card too....

Its possible you have the "idle" bug that has plagued some users (including me)...What fixed it for me was to disable the C states in the bios. Not the C1E state, but the other two. That fixed the random bsod at idle.

Drove me nuts-as I could bench forever at load with 100% stability and run memtest for hours...but when surfing or typing? a random bsod....

The auto setting for these 2 C states now means they are disabled....They did this according to Gary Key because of these problems that users were having. I went and enabled them after flashing to 1502 and thats when my problems began. Took days to figure out that was the cause and had to read a zillion posts.

Back