Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro modded bios 1001

case sensitive

Limp Gawd
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here happened to have a copy of the modded 1001 bios for the P5WDG2 WS Pro anywhere. I have searched for it but every link to it is broken.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here happened to have a copy of the modded 1001 bios for the P5WDG2 WS Pro anywhere. I have searched for it but every link to it is broken.

Thanks in advance

I've been searching for that also, and like you, I found all the links to be dead, too. I want to upgrade the P5WDG2 WS Pro BIOS to support an Intel Q9650 Quad processor but the latest official Asus BIOS (v905) is reportedly not compatible. If I ever track it down, I'll definitely report back here to let you know where I found it (and upload it again somewhere for others - advice on where to upload for the long term is encouraged).

I've found two references to a BIOS that supports the Q9650...

One is a modified 0905: ASUS-P5WDG2-WS-Professional-Support-For-Core-2-Extreme-QX9650-Steppings-C0-C1,

And the other is from a French-language board (at least I can't find an English version): www.station-drivers.com/page/asus/asus p5wdg2-ws-pro

... but the links are dead. I tried to register at BiosMods to send a message to the poster, but the registration page still hasn't loaded after more than half an hour already. I may try the same thing at Station-Drivers later...

Please keep me informed if you find it, okay?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey, I found it!

First, out of frustration that I couldn't find BIOS rev 1001 for the Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro motherboard, I actually ordered a brand new BIOS chip with that BIOS version already loaded into it. I ordered it directly from Asus eStore, so I was confident it was going to be good. I figured that I'd read that BIOS back and store it in a .bin file and then share that file with those who have been searching for it.

Unfortunately, the piece of crap chip that Asus sent me wouldn't allow me to even enter POST! What a disaster. They told me that I was FORCED to BUY a new one, even though that WAS a new one! What a bunch of twits.

Instead, I reloaded the old chip with 0905 still on it, and then I started searching all the sites that mentioned uploading the BIOS somewhere - no matter what language they used - I finally found a blog written in German that (once I decoded it with Google Translate) gave an file link that still worked! So I downloaded it and used the built-in BIOS upgrade tool in the BIOS code itself, and viola! - the code worked perfectly!

Here's a new link which should never expire (according to Wikipedia's reports of the site's promises):

P5WDG2-WS-ASUS-PRO-1001.zip

I accept your applause with (at least a little) modesty...

Last edited:
Back